Yanmar tillers....

/ Yanmar tillers.... #1  

race_engr

Saw a couple of Yanmar gray's on a local lot the other day with tillers attached. Looked like 1500 series units (I haven't stopped by yet). Will tillers off these units fit other tractors?? Specifically, I have a YM186 and my dad has a Kubota 6200. Are they 2 or 3 point hookups, etc..??? What is a decent price for a used tiller?? They look like 4' models.

Thanx for the help.

Brian

/ Yanmar tillers.... #2  
Brian,
I believe all of the 1500 tillers were 2 point. If they are, you will have to do some major modifications to get them to fit anything else. If they happen to be three point, they should just hook right up.

There are a lot of different prices out there for tillers. A lot of it depends on the type of service done to them before they are sold. If they are just cleaned up a little they will usually be a lot less ($250) than the ones that are completely taken apart and rebuilt ($700+). The tines also add a lot of extra cost to the tiller. If you are going to use it a lot you need to look for tillers with good tines or count on spending $5-$10 per tine for new ones. Some tillers even have hard faced tines ( a good option if you use it a lot). Around here you can usually find a good non restored tiller for about $200- $275. Better tines and hard facing adds about $100. I have, however, seen rebuilt tillers sell for around $900. I guess it depends a lot on your location.

/ Yanmar tillers.... #4  
As Buck said, 1500 tillers are 3 point but sometimes they won't just hook right up to any tractor. The use a short short, I mean short top link with a special bracket that attaches to the tractor. If you get one of these tillers I would recommend that you take the tractor with you and try hooking the tiller up. Sometimes you can make it work with a regular toplink but you need a longer PTO drive shaft. 9 times out of 10 if you get the little short top link and and the bracket it will work on the smaller tractors.

/ Yanmar tillers.... #5  
I sell used RS1201 2 point tillers for $250, and when I can get them, 3 point tillers for $350-$400. I can get almost any size Yanmar tillers. My supplier bought a couple of containers of them. Most are in decent shape, but may need some paint. Attached picture is a RS1201 I have for sale.
Jim
Jims Tractors
jimstractors@hotmail.com