Yanmar YM1510D Camber & Toe Adjustment

/ Yanmar YM1510D Camber & Toe Adjustment #1  

Jtullis13

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2210D & YM 155D
Hello everyone, its been a long time since I have been on here, but I am needing some help with how to adjust the toe and camber on my YM1510d. Do any of you have instructions on how to do this, pictures are always nice too. The tractors toe is "in" on both front wheels, and I believe it has a little "negative" camber. I will have to look at the camber again to make sure of that. I will try to take a picture if anyone is interested. I bought the tractor a little over 3 years ago, and that is how it was when I got it, I haven't used it much do to our fire and move, but need and would like to use it soon.

Thanks in advance for any help.

/ Yanmar YM1510D Camber & Toe Adjustment #2  
Hello everyone, its been a long time since I have been on here, but I am needing some help with how to adjust the toe and camber on my YM1510d. Do any of you have instructions on how to do this, pictures are always nice too. The tractors toe is "in" on both front wheels, and I believe it has a little "negative" camber. I will have to look at the camber again to make sure of that. I will try to take a picture if anyone is interested. I bought the tractor a little over 3 years ago, and that is how it was when I got it, I haven't used it much do to our fire and move, but need and would like to use it soon.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Have you measured how much it is now, and do you know if any of the negative camber is due to wear, or slop, in the steering joints?

Photos help, too.

All the best,

Peter

/ Yanmar YM1510D Camber & Toe Adjustment
Peter I have not measured anything, to be honest I am not sure how to measure for that. I am unsure of the nature of the negative camber as well. There doesn't seem to be any slop in the steering joints from what I remember, but I will check today when I run out to the acreage and try to get some photos as well.

/ Yanmar YM1510D Camber & Toe Adjustment #4  
You sure it's negative camber? I think fronts are usually designed with some positive camber:

I think there's supposed to be a little toe in as well is my understanding from the FSM specs on tractors I've owned

I wasn’t able to get it started yesterday to move it and take pictures, it was -15 degrees and today is -4. I’m hoping to get pictures tomorrow

/ Yanmar YM1510D Camber & Toe Adjustment #7  
Peter I have not measured anything, to be honest I am not sure how to measure for that. I am unsure of the nature of the negative camber as well. There doesn't seem to be any slop in the steering joints from what I remember, but I will check today when I run out to the acreage and try to get some photos as well.
Lots of examples on YouTube and elsewhere, but basically without moving the tractor, get rim to rim measurements, at the top and bottom (camber), and forward edge, rearward edge, or use a level with an adjustable angle finder to do the camber. Auto shops do toe-in off of the rims, by angle, but that's generally not practical on the farm; the string trick below makes toe-in pretty easy.

All the best,

Peter

Thanks Peter, I will have to watch that video again.

I didn’t see this until I got back home otherwise I would have taken some measurements. However I was able to get it started so I could move it and take pictures.

Let me know what you all think.

The pictures don’t seem to show to much of the toe in, but when I’m on the tractor it appears to be worse.

Here they are

Attachments

• IMG_4488.jpeg
    IMG_4488.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4487.jpeg
    IMG_4487.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4486.jpeg
    IMG_4486.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 29