Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #31  
   / Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #32  
That tiller is almost identical. The only difference is that the two spring loaded rods that control the back flap are connected to two arms on mine that are missing from the pictured tiller. These arms bolt to the same plates as the H shaped tubular part does, but on the other side of the plates. You can see this in the pictures I posted. So really it is the same tiller, it's just that mine has these two extra parts. And mine is of course missing the wheel assembly. Thanks a bunch for finding the tiller.
Eric

Eric, forgot or don't remember if I asked you this. Do you have an overrun clutch to run the tiller? Fredricks lists this in their catalog for tiller operation.

OR-660 Over-running clutch, quick disconnect 1-3/8” 6 spline X 1-3/8” 6 spline

1635536970137.png

1635537036299.png

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #33  
Quit using it yrs. ago. Pic. I used on CL. when I sold it. Only ran a couple days literally. It was for My mothers garden back then. We went to the back and dug this one out. Wrong Dr shaft reflecks that. Which I kept the shortened one. And for the exact reason as for what just happened. ;)

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems
Eric, forgot or don't remember if I asked you this. Do you have an overrun clutch to run the tiller? Fredricks lists this in their catalog for tiller operation.

OR-660 Over-running clutch, quick disconnect 1-3/8” 6 spline X 1-3/8” 6 spline

View attachment 718843
View attachment 718845
Answering a couple questions you asked. First, mine does not have the handwheel, but instead has a hand crank. All the tillers at the place where I bought mine had hand cranks. Maybe they all were broken off in Viet Nam. Second, I do not have an over running clutch. And I cannot put one on because there is not enough room. There is only 17 inches between the retaining pin grooves in the splined shafts. So that means there is only about 14 1/2 inches between the ends of the splined shafts. I do have an over running clutch on my Ford 9N tractor. I put it on after I used a Bush Hog for the first time. I am hoping there will not be that much inertia in the tiller, not enough to cause problems. If there is then I will need to make extension plates to space the tiller farther back.
Thanks,
Eric

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #35  
That ORC. is Spring pin loaded. Mine is set by a pin you have to use a punch. PITA. not that easy to get to. That and the bolt on top link wasn't all that user friendly no doubt. I use the 2000 for a FM. so I have to use a ORC.. Used this setup for over a decade and still today. ORC. stays on now thank goodness or I would of had to of replaced it with a Quick pin... Look hard and it's down there!!

Attachments

• 002 (3) (600 x 450).jpg
    002 (3) (600 x 450).jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 47
   / Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #36  
Really nice details of a RS1400A

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #37  
It's really hard finding ANY images on the web for a Yanmar tiller in action and to use the rear hiller discs in the back the 'correct' way. This might be the best I've seen so far. Howbeit a Kabuta with a Yanmar modified RS1300. LOL

This is a huge time saver for gardeners. From beans, peas, carrots, turnips, potatoes and much more. Getting those tilled up hills in a perfect arrangement is priceless.
1635611261633.png

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #38  
Only found an image of someone moving the Yanmar tiller back some with a 3PT hookup. Looks like a quick hitch setup too. Really Nice.
1635611561345.png

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #39  
It's really hard finding ANY images on the web for a Yanmar tiller in action and to use the rear hiller discs in the back the 'correct' way. This might be the best I've seen so far. Howbeit a Kabuta with a Yanmar modified RS1300. LOL

This is a huge time saver for gardeners. From beans, peas, carrots, turnips, potatoes and much more. Getting those tilled up hills in a perfect arrangement is priceless.
View attachment 718973
Now I'm getting drawn into the tiller strangeness!

I wonder if the guy in this picture (tiller painted orange - is that even a Yanmar tiller?) is doing it right. Seems to me the flat side of the wheels should be pushing the dirt into ridges. The way he has it, he's forcing dirt into the wheel bearings.

And - Carey's RS1400 is different from my RS1400 although both have the same RS1400 decal. His has the vertical rods, and three discrete hinges, for the back flap. On my RS1400 the flap is attached with a 'piano hinge', ie continuous all the way across. And chains down to the flap like in the photo just above this. (post #38). That photo shows the wheels mounted flat side out. When I tried that, they wouldn't track, they just left gouges at the outer edges of the tilled area. When I moved them to flat side in, like the tiller decal shows, they traced fine.

/ Yanmar YM2310 tiller problems #40  

View attachment 718973

That is a Kubota tiller. I had the same exact one on the B7000 I used to have.

The gauge wheels are pointing the wrong way for some reason. Should be pointing backwards. Those wheels are what controls the depth on these style of tillers.

I don't really have a picture of it in action but here is one from the ad when I sold it.

IMG_20190115_162558.jpg