Yanmar YM2420 Fan Belt question

/ Yanmar YM2420 Fan Belt question #1  

gawesw

Tractor
Yanmar YM2420
My fan belt broked on my Yanmar 2420. I found a belt that fits but I am not sure I have re-installed it correctly. I never really looked at the belt when it was on the tractor.

From what I could tell the belt needs to be on outside of the lower raidator hose..meaning I had to take the lower radiator hose off to replace the fan belt. Now I am wondering if I did it right.

Has anyone done this?

If anyone has this tractor and can send me a couple of photos of the belt installed that would help.

Thanks for any assistance.

/ Yanmar YM2420 Fan Belt question #2  
Don't know whether this will help or not.

/ Yanmar YM2420 Fan Belt question
Huge thanks. I needed one more angle but from what I can tell I have the belt on correctly. If I routed it inside of the lower radiator hose it would be rubbing against it. Seems strange to have to take the hose off to change the belt but I think that's only way to do it.

Thanks again.

/ Yanmar YM2420 Fan Belt question #4  
Ensure that the belt is routed through all the pulleys in the correct manner. Refer to the tractor's manual or any diagrams you can find online to confirm the proper belt path. If you need father assistance, yanmar tractor customer service will be probably able to help you.

Last edited: