Tires Yanmar

/ Yanmar #11  
fwtw My tractor is the same chassis as 3110 it was supposed to have 12.9x28 (I think 12.9 is right 28 is for sure right) but I have 14.9x24 on rear and 8x16 fronts the bias is +3.45% ft/rr if I remember right its food for thought. You wont get away from paying high dollar for AG tires there isn't any deals they are just expensive what ever size you need.

/ Yanmar
4/26/2013
Hi kenmac:

Yes I contacted Hey Wheel and they gave me some good info but never mentioned making different. Maybe what they did times ago they don't do now.

Thanks for the info.

Feoneill9

/ Yanmar
4/26/2013
Hi kenmac:

Yes I contacted Hey Wheel and they gave me some good info but never mentioned making different size . Maybe what they did times ago they don't do now.

Thanks for the info.

Feoneill9

/ Yanmar
4/27/2013
Hi Scotty Dive:

Much as I hate to admit it I'll most likely have to buy one from Simple Tire at the high price plus tube, shipping and installation versus buying a 12.4-28 for $318.00 less for a used one!!! But first I'm going to wait until the tractor brakes down in the filed and I have to remove the wheel in the filed.

Thanks for the help and your reply I appreciated it.

Feaonell9

/ Yanmar #15  
4/27/2013
Hi Scotty Dive:

Much as I hate to admit it I'll most likely have to buy one from Simple Tire at the high price plus tube, shipping and installation versus buying a 12.4-28 for $318.00 less for a used one!!!

Feaonell9

I'm missing something. Why can't you use the tire Fredricks suggested ? He probably installs this size on the tractors he gets with the tires like yours. He sells tires. When I had my loader installed I bought 2 fronts from him. It's your choice.,but I would not pay the price you listed if I had other options

good luck which ever route you go

Last edited:
   / Yanmar
4/26/2013
Hi Car Doc:

I know that I'm going have to pay but its hard to take when a 12.4-26 is $504.00 and a 12.4-28 is $360.00. Of course I can get a new Titan Tires today for $855 in a 12.4-26 size. I look at it as paying out rather than having to pay!

Thanks for your assistance and info.

Feoneill9

/ Yanmar #17  
What you don't want to do is damage the machine with the wrong tires. As long as you don't use 4 wheel drive no problem. Back in the beginning of this forum Roger Loving (roger scotty) posted some really good information about tire sizing. Might be worth looking back in old threads to see if you can find it.

Chris

/ Yanmar #18  
I wish we could be more help sorry. Knowing your front tire size is info we might need. I just did some searching on that tire size 12.4x26 and they are a bit difficult to find unless you want to buy a 40' container full. I would personally be hard pressed to pay that Titan price also, even @ 500 is a chunk. I happen to have Titans on mine all around now and I like them but they are expensive. good luck

Found BKT 13.6x26 545.14 here- http://tires-usa.com/shop_list.php keep looking.

/ Yanmar
4/26/2013

Hi Car Doc:

Appreciate the info- Yes it hard to justify a container just for two tires. I found out that Mud Truckers use a 26" tire but not a 12.4.

I'm now trying to figure out if I can adapt a 28" ford tractor disk and rim with tire to fit my tractor. All I need to do is weld a 1/4 plate steel to the front and rear of the 8 bolt hub assembly then cut out the hole for the rear hub for the Yanmar and drill the plates for six holes instead of eight. The good part is that I have the ford tractor with the 28" wheels. The bad part is that I don't have a welder or a stout drill press or the cut steel.

Because of the liability no one I found wants to convert the wheels to 28".

I'll keep on trying.

I appreciate the thought but two beers won't be enough tonight.

Feoneiil9

/ Yanmar #20  
The guys at Hey wheel can make about anything. A buddy has ordered several sets of rims for assorted hot rods from them, and they can (and have) made whatever he wanted. They build assorted tractor rims. Get some actual measurements and sketches of what you have, and what you need. Clearly label it, then email or fax it to them. I bet they can come up with something, whether a deeper drop center, or build you a new center for the rim to match up with your Ford rims, or something else. I would actually be very surprised if they cannot/will not.

It probably won't be cheaper, by the time you replace the rims, get new rear tires, and then make whatever adjustments the front requires, than it would be to just buy new tires of the same size, even though they are over priced. You'll get 20 years of service out of them, probably. Or, if you're going to wear them out frequently, eat the money and do it properly, with a correct replacement rim of 28" diameter. I know Hey can make an entire rim to match.