Yard Rake Home Made

/ Yard Rake Home Made
Yes you are right. That is one reason I built it that way. Next yard chore is reseeding so am thinking how to cheaply and simply make a verticutter to be assembled to the tool bar in place of the rake.

/ Yard Rake Home Made #12  
I took another look at you build. It looks like it all bolted together. No welding. Any reason for that?
I do see in one photo you have a part on a welding table.

/ Yard Rake Home Made
There are three things welded.

Gage wheel caster frame - 1x2 wheel carrier cut at a 45 and welded to short length of 1x3.
Lower tabs for gage wheel height adjuster - the pix show these with u-bolts, I was experimenting with best location. They are now welded to the 2x2 locating arms.
Tool stand - 1 1/4 tubing welded to 1/4 inch plate.

Those three things had to be welded. The rest is take-apart. Either for maintenance, or because I might want to reconfigure into a different tool, or because I wasn't sure it would work and wanted to be able to re-do easily if need be.

/ Yard Rake Home Made #14  
Those three things had to be welded. The rest is take-apart. Either for maintenance, or because I might want to reconfigure into a different tool, or because I wasn't sure it would work and wanted to be able to re-do easily if need be.

Good call on not welding it all together. I like ability to change thing easy.

/ Yard Rake Home Made
maybe my browser is messed up. that link also takes me to my own thread instead of yours.

/ Yard Rake Home Made
OK I find the thread using tbn search. very interesting. I thought about using rubber teeth and also about using my TSC carryall. It looks like it works just fine too. I also see that a contributor on the thread made a good looking 3-gang rake. I have thought of having a second row of teeth. Thanks for the reference!

/ Yard Rake Home Made #20