Ybh-600?

/ Ybh-600? #1  

jaybo73

Tractor
kubota b7510
Looking for parts for my 3point backhoe was told when i bought it it’s a woods but pretty certain by the yanmar green paint under the orange that it’s a ybh-600 most importantly need cylinder seals for starters thanks appreciate any help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
   / Ybh-600? #2  
Yes, Woods made their BH-600 as the Kubota, Mitsubishi, Yanmar, and other name brand etc, units.
And it's possible that Brantly was the official manufacture. I get a few hints of this on some sites too.
See page-6.

You can search the web, I know I have, those 80s and 90s manuals are a very rare thing to find. Now, the Woods BH65 & BH75 are the updated model over the BH600. The parts manuals are nearly identical with some changes. see attached.

You could match up the cylinder seals at a hydraulics repair shop near you or see if the McMaster-Carr site has the same ones available too.

Attachments

• Woods_Backhoes_BH65_BH75_MAN1049.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 17
   / Ybh-600? #3  
I would take the seals (or preferably the whole cylinder) to a good local hydraulic shop. I would ask around. One advantage of taking the whole cylinder in is that you get the benefit of some expert eyes that may catch things that need attention.

All the best,

Peter

/ Ybh-600? #4  
Huh???

That backhoe in the photos is a Yanmar YBH-600 or its twin sold as Kubota's K-650. Both made by ARPS in about 1980. The slide-down feet are unique to these. The only difference between them was paint color. I have the Kubota owners manual, and one with later Kubota part #'s.

When I was looking for a replacement bucket tooth (rare!) I found Deere's small hoe (60?) was also made by ARPS back then and used that tooth. I think differing only by swing-down feet.

As for replacing seals: They're industry-standard generics. Any local hydraulic shop will have the seals, or can order them. I've replaced a couple on my hoe. Pro tip: leave the cylinder installed while you start unscrewing the end cap so you have something to pull against. And - I had to buy HF's largest pipe wrench then add a couple ft of cheater pipe on the handle before I could break loose one of the end caps.

I just posted about my YBH-600 in another thread:

And a search here on YBH600 brought up several prior posts describing it.

Last edited:
   / Ybh-600? #5  
Looking for parts for my 3point backhoe was told when i bought it it’s a woods but pretty certain by the yanmar green paint under the orange that it’s a ybh-600 most importantly need cylinder seals for starters thanks appreciate any help
Yanmar actually marketed two different YBH600 backhoes.
The first one, which is what you have, had the slide down type stabilizers. Yanmar sold that one in the mid 1970s.
Then in the early 1980s they began having WOODS build their backhoes with swing down type stabilizers and the model that dug 6' deep was also called YBH600.

/ Ybh-600? #8  
1710091345660.png