Yep I think I'm going to be a pain for a while

/ Yep I think I'm going to be a pain for a while #31  
the replacement cy;s are about 95$ by themselves.. then you have to buy the piston, oring, washer and gaskets.

plus you usually have to grind a bit on the new cyl to make it fit up correctly. ( at the mouth ).

/ Yep I think I'm going to be a pain for a while #33  
WOW.. most other places sell the cyl for 95$, the piston for 26$ and the gaskets and orings for about 13$

/ Yep I think I'm going to be a pain for a while
Ok, the ram cylinder has been replaced, new piston, gaskets. It still only lifts the disc 1" off the ground if that. So if I'm guessing right the next step is to replace the safety relief valve. The one improvement of the work today is that the lift (with 3 blocks being supported) does not bleed down.
I have completed the bushing/bearing change out on the front spindles. A real pain getting the old bushings out (except the right front came out with the spindle) Once I figured that the way to put the bushings back in was with a piece of 3/4 threaded rod and washers was a fairly easy operation.

/ Yep I think I'm going to be a pain for a while #35  
relief valve replacement is easy.

Valve replacement is a pain in the backside for these huge hands, but I got it. The lift didn't improve any, well maybe 1/2 inch or so but I don't think so. This was a 6' wide 20" tandum disc with no disc on the back bar. My 1910 iseki will lift it so I figured the ford should. Well I cut the back bar off the disc, and it lifts, slow but it does lift even on a fast idle. Just wondering does this mean the pump is weak?

/ Yep I think I'm going to be a pain for a while #37  
does it?

pressure test it. 1500-1700 psi is an acceptable range at the test port. use a gauge with an ORB fitting. it is NOT pipe thread.

For reference, my 52 8n will lift a 6.5' dual ganged ford disc. it has to be in the 800# range 'or so ;

Ok so now I feel a bit silly. Changed the oil from "meets MD what ever" to the ford 90 w at tsc. The lift seems to work good. Now if I get on the disc and try to raise it's a no go (an added 235 lb) but other than that works like a champ. So today I got the oil changed out, the radiator replaced with a correct one(with a shroud, it didn't have one before), and the temp gauge replaced. Heck another 10 or 15 items and I should pretty much have it.:)