Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #11  
I agree with RobertN, you might want to look at other brands if they are available in your area. Like him, I looked at the others and bought New Holland. Absolutely love it and they were the most price competitive at the time that I bought.

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #12  
When I was beginning to look at small tractors, I mentioned to the Kubota dealer that I liked the forward/reverse pedal set up on the John Deere better and he agreed. We test drove a Bx2350, a B2920, and a B7800. I noticed the abrupt stopping in reverse with the Bx2350 which I thought at the time was more me than the machine, but I guess that was an issue with that model. We ended up selecting the B2920. Now when I get on our John Deere garden tractor, the pedals on it which are the same as the 2305 seem strange. Actually when I was pushing snow in reverse using the rear blade, I was thinking it helped to have the reverse pedal where it is on the Kubota. At any rate, you get used to that the 1st day you have it. I have never given much thought to the brakes on the right because frankly other than depressing it to set the parking brake, I hardly ever use them. Although because mine are split, there is some rational to putting them on the left so you could use that feature on snow or when using the FEL.

In then end, you probably won't get convincing evidence to go one way or the other. If you want green, buy green. When I buy what I want and have a problem with it, I am always able to rationalize I would have had problems with the others too. If I don't buy what I want and have a problem, I am always thinking I should have bought the other. Just try and find a dealer you are comfortable with.

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360
I appreciate the responses.. I guess my bicker is not with the forward reverse as it is the brake..I understand i probably wont be using it that much.

I seriously just do not know.

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #14  
Will they let you demo one, or can you rent one for a day locally?

The brakes make no difference to me. My Kubota had the typical Kubota brakes and HST on one side. My recently purchased New Holland has the brakes on the left. No biggie either way.

IF I lived in the snow, or was plowing crop lines, then I might care a little. Actually, with power steering, I probably still would not care. I can understand some folks putting all the weight of the front end on the loader to scrape ice, and using the cutting brakes.

It's hard to tell just driving them across the dealers lot...

A demo or even a $200/day rental would be better than spending $15020k on a tractor and then going "Oops... I should got the other one..."

I appreciate the responses.. I guess my bicker is not with the forward reverse as it is the brake..I understand i probably wont be using it that much.

I seriously just do not know.

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #15  
Trying different tractors is always a good idea, but there is no substitute for long term exposure and that is really hard to do. Also what you might consider a big deal initially may not turn out to be or may be offset by other features.

My wife initially hated the idea of the split HST on our BX2660 as opposed to the rocker on our BX2200 and liked the more abrupt stop when you let off the HST on the BX2200. After a few days she fell in love with the things she initially hated.

I don't know anyone who uses the split brakes on 4WD tractors, but if you are one then left foot braking makes sense and "adapting" to something else may never happen. In the end it is all about priorities and with the money spent on a new tractor, you really, really need to think long and hard about all of the features offered on different machines.

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #16  
I have a B2320, and personally, I like the pedal arrangement I do not have to move my foot off the pedals to go forward and back. As far as the brakes go, I have an HST, and almost never need to use them.

WB

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #17  
Both are great machines and I almost bought Orange. Then set on Deere then a 425 just liked the pedals, had a better location ,position .
Now after having 2210 and 2 different 2305 also like the hyd handle for the ind lift of mmm. or fel,frt blade and snowblower..
As others have said try both out if you can for a min. of 1-2 hrs.

Just my 2 cents
Good luck
Gene

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #18  
I went through this last year and settled on the Kubota. The reason I chose was found after i drove them both.

This time of year up here there is some ice and snow left over. After driving both tractors i found the FEL of the Kubota did a better job peeling the remaining ice of the pavement. The JD rode across the top while the Kubota peeled it off to get rid of it.

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #19  
In comparing the brake location on the JD 2305, and Kubota BX series, there is no differnce in use since both are parking brakes, and can do nothing to help steer. On larger tractors this makes a difference, but not on those models. You will use the transmission to control movement, and the brake to keep it where you want it, and not for anything else.

/ Yes another vs thread! JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #20  
I was trying to make the same decision about 20 months ago, I also wanted a snow blower and post hole auger. I pushed the John Deere dealer a bit harder about the 60 month 0% that Kubota had and they gave in and gave it to me.

Therefor I have a 2305 and love it. Push on them and get the Deere. I was born and raised on a 500 acre farm so I am very accostomed to tractors and I am still in love with this little tractor. I have the 54" deck and I maintain 19 propereties as I am a landlord. I can connect or disconnect the loader in 45 seconds, no kidding it is the best. I am 100% satisfied and the dealer has been great.

My number is 716-474-5736 if you want to talk about it. I do not work for any dealer, just love my tractor.