Yet another backhoe dolly for my MT-125

/ Yet another backhoe dolly for my MT-125 #1  

cohocarl

Tractor
TYM T474SC, 60" Bad Boy ZT
Thought I'd post a few pics of the dolly for an MT-125 that I made.
Thick wall square tubing. Welded short vertical pieces that fit into the side steps on the backhoe, along with on the rear which should reduce the chance of the backhoe sliding off when a dolly wheel locks up on a stone...
I put holes in these vertical pieces to use tie downs to secure the dolly up onto the backhoe before removing it from the tractor. That way I don't have to worry about aligning them up when removing.
Suggestions...don't even think about using thin wall tubing, and don't skimp on the dolly wheels. I used the 3.5" ones in the pic which I thought might be overboard, but no...I'd go bigger/heavier if I were to make another one.
Sprayed it down with a can or two of truck bedliner.
I had made a time lapse video of taking it off & on but reformatted my SD card before saving it...:irked:
Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• dolly1.jpg
    dolly1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 288
  • dolly2.jpg
    dolly2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
  • dolly3.jpg
    dolly3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 317
  • dolly4.jpg
    dolly4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 224
  • dolly5.jpg
    dolly5.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 235
  • dolly6.jpg
    dolly6.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 209
   / Yet another backhoe dolly for my MT-125 #2  
Very nice 🤙

/ Yet another backhoe dolly for my MT-125
Thank you. Now I have to make a hanger to store it on the wall when not in use.

/ Yet another backhoe dolly for my MT-125 #4  
Great job! If I had a back-hoe, that's what I would want! :thumbsup:

/ Yet another backhoe dolly for my MT-125 #5  
Looks really nice and I like how you captured it sitting on the rear steps. Nice idea. The hoe is big and awkward off the tractor and can be dangerous. Having a way to move it around is nice.

/ Yet another backhoe dolly for my MT-125 #6  
Very nice build! Looks really stable.

/ Yet another backhoe dolly for my MT-125 #7  
Very nice!!! Loving that!

/ Yet another backhoe dolly for my MT-125 #8  
nice project .. Congrats

now what is screen name on AR Board :drink::drink::drink:

/ Yet another backhoe dolly for my MT-125
screen name on AR Board :drink::drink::drink:

:bullseye: Thanks for noticing.:) I've been using that avatar for a while now. Gets a nod now and then.:)

/ Yet another backhoe dolly for my MT-125 #10  
Thought I'd post a few pics of the dolly for an MT-125 that I made.
Thick wall square tubing. Welded short vertical pieces that fit into the side steps on the backhoe, along with on the rear which should reduce the chance of the backhoe sliding off when a dolly wheel locks up on a stone...
I put holes in these vertical pieces to use tie downs to secure the dolly up onto the backhoe before removing it from the tractor. That way I don't have to worry about aligning them up when removing.
Suggestions...don't even think about using thin wall tubing, and don't skimp on the dolly wheels. I used the 3.5" ones in the pic which I thought might be overboard, but no...I'd go bigger/heavier if I were to make another one.
Sprayed it down with a can or two of truck bedliner.
I had made a time lapse video of taking it off & on but reformatted my SD card before saving it...:irked:
Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

Nice job on the dolly. Curious as to whether or not you do anything with the boom. I see you have the lock down on the main stick but wondering if you do anything for the rest down to the bucket. The reason I ask is when I have my hoe sitting on shop floor the hydraulics move I'm assuming when the temperatures change. Mine will "extend" out on it's own. I've tried using car dolly's without any frame work but I will find the bucket tipped off once it sets for a while. Thanks