Yet Another Box Blade Question

/ Yet Another Box Blade Question #111  
Harv,
My sympathies to you and your family. I'll bet we can thank your mom for your helping nature and your sense of humor. May your memories of her provide continuing comfort, joy, and peace.

/ Yet Another Box Blade Question #112  
Harv,

So sorry to hear about your mother. This must be a very difficult time. Please accept my sincere condolances to you and your family.

Peter

/ Yet Another Box Blade Question #113  
Harv - I'd like to echo the sentiments of the others - a very sad loss. No matter how many times one goes through the loss of a dear one, it's just as hard. It never gets any easier. Apparently, it's not supposed to.

/ Yet Another Box Blade Question #114  
Harv,

I’m so glad you were able to introduce your Mom to us TBN’ers… Even though we’ve never met her… I can tell she was a great lady… How?… We take one long look at her son…

A child is a reflection of their parents and you’ve done your Mom and Dad proud…

We pray for your Mom’s soul and for you and your family…

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Yet Another Box Blade Question #115  
Harv,

Just like you not to share your loss because of the holidays. There is no question your Mom would be proud of you.

Our thoughts are with you and your family.

MarkV

/ Yet Another Box Blade Question #116  
My condolences, Harv.

/ Yet Another Box Blade Question
<font color=blue>Just like you not to share your loss because of the holidays.</font color=blue>

Well ... it's also just possible I wasn't ready to talk about it until now, too.
crazy.gif

Two months have now passed, so I and my family are starting to let go of the recent past and remember more of the good times from years gone bye. I guess that's how nature takes care of these things.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, condolences and good wishes. It is very much appreciated.

To bring this thread back a little more to its topic, the ownership of that walking path (along with the rest of the 42 acres) is being transferred into my name as we speak. Mom had put my name on the deed as a joint tenant, so the "real" property will bypass probate. There are other issues involved, unfortunately, so whether or not I will be able to hang onto the property indefinitely is not entirely clear at this point.

Without this property, of course, I would have no need of a tractor, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

/ Yet Another Box Blade Question #119  
Harv,
Well here is how I use my rollover Gill box blade with my 4310 GST. I don't think I have heard this method used lately, it is not easy and it is slow but here it is.
First I put the toplink in the bottom hole of the three available ones at the tractor. That seems to help when pushing. Next I flipover the boxblade in the push position. Then I lengthen or shorten the top link to get some bite into the soil. Very slowly push the blade in reverse to smooth out the dips and humps. They are impossible to remove going forward because the rear wheels follow the imperfections and so does the blade.
Working this way and turning around and looking backward as you carefully adjust the blade is tiring and all that but it works. Try it for your self. I admit you cannot grade like with a dozer, but it works for me on my small projects.
Hope this helps
Greg H

/ Yet Another Box Blade Question #120  
Harv
Sorry to hear of your mothers passing. I lost my mother 3 years ago. I well understand about dementia. Mother had it also. I would go over almost everyday. At the last she wouldn't even know me. Very, very hard to take. But like you I went over to her house on a feeling that I needed to and was there when she drew her last breath. Very thankful I followed by feelings. JIM