Yet another diesel question

/ Yet another diesel question #1  

Bill63

Tractor
Kubota L47 TLB
I'm new at all of this, so I apologize if this has been asked before.
I filled my diesel can week before last, filling up at a local gas station. when I looked at the fuel when I got home, I saw that it is red. I thought that red fuel was for off road use only?? I didn't expect to see red fuel come from a normal gas pumping station that also has gasoline.

/ Yet another diesel question #2  
Red fuel is off road fuel. It is perfectly safe to use in diesel tractors but not for highway use. Red diesel is also used in home heating. That fuel pump should be marked for off road or home heating oil. If that pump is located where trucks fuel up they may be in violation.

/ Yet another diesel question
Red fuel is off road fuel. It is perfectly safe to use in diesel tractors but not for highway use. Red diesel is also used in home heating. That fuel pump should be marked for off road or home heating oil. If that pump is located where trucks fuel up they may be in violation.
Thanks.
Its just a regular gas station in Chittenango. I paid normal road going price. About $4.20 a gallon.
You're not far from me. I'm near Chittenango, just a few miles from Chittenango Falls.

/ Yet another diesel question #4  
You should take it back and find out why its red.
Perhaps they sell off road but it don't sound like it
with that price. Or the supplier delivered the wrong
product??? Put your mind at ease take it back

willy

/ Yet another diesel question #5  
Thanks.
Its just a regular gas station in Chittenango. I paid normal road going price. About $4.20 a gallon.
You're not far from me. I'm near Chittenango, just a few miles from Chittenango Falls.
There will be a lot of pissed off people if the red diesel was in the regular pump.

/ Yet another diesel question #6  
Check your receipt .
I’ve seen stations where off-road, is right next to taxed, with different nozzles, and I’ve seen some with a selection switch. It’s not impossible to pump the wrong one.
You can use it in your tractor or oil burner if you have one , assuming you find you picked the wrong fuel