Yet another dumb question from me.. Racing fuel???

/ Yet another dumb question from me.. Racing fuel??? #11  
THis is brand new equipment never taken out of the box from the manufactur they test run each piece. Then it goes to the dealer who has to get it running for the new cusotmer. The dealer say the carbs are gummed up. JSut what I was told. I know they buy the fuel.

/ Yet another dumb question from me.. Racing fuel??? #12  
The simplest solution is to not leave gas in it if it's going to sit....especially "for up to a year". That's ridiculous, and an equipment dealer ought to know better.

Not only that, but a manufacturer will not pay warranty claims submitted by a dealer for work that has been done to correct improper storage practices. We get asked all the time to go to bat for the customer and submit claims like that, but we always say no. Manufacturers lay out procedures in the product manuals for storage. If the end-user, (or the dealer!), makes the decision to drop the ball and not follow those recommendations, it is not up to the manufacturer to pay the bill.....just like it's not up to the manufacturer to pay the bill if a machine is used improperly. Simply stated, neither situation represents a defect in materials or workmanship....and that's what warranties cover.

;)

Also they test star these machiness by hooking up a fuel line to the Carb not dumping fuel in the tank This is a factory building lawn mowers. They build 6 differtn colors from the last report.

/ Yet another dumb question from me.. Racing fuel??? #13  
While boating a few years back I spent some time with the owner of a 36' wooden Trojan cruiser who also owned a trucking company out of Dorval Airport. As hauling contractor for the Montreal Grand Prix he found himself each year with a pile of surplus 3 gallon containers of F1 fuel after the weekend. Nobody bothered to fly the stuff home to Europe, so he burned it in his V8's in the Trojan. He claimed that the engines ran very well on the hot fuel, but he had to have someone bring him replacement carburetors fairly often as the additives regularly ate the rubber parts.

Colourful guy. With femurs too long for fighter planes, he ended his flight career by leading his squad of Tutor jets under a bridge near Calgary. "Did you get caught?" "The second time," he quipped.

/ Yet another dumb question from me.. Racing fuel??? #14  
Also they test star these machiness by hooking up a fuel line to the Carb not dumping fuel in the tank

Doesn't matter where they introduce the fuel into the system, it will say in the included manual(s) to not leave fuel sitting anywhere. If they heeded those recommendations, there would be no gumming up for the dealer or end-user to muck about with.

Many small engines have drain plugs right on the carb bowls. When stabilizer hasn't been used and/or moisture is a problem, often the engine won't fire up and run after sitting. Simply removing the drain plug on the bowl and letting some fuel into the bowl from the tank is often all it takes to get up and running again. The stinkiest/most contaminated fuel you'll find, (after sitting a while), in a gravity-fed small engine is in the bowl. The mowers you're talking about are likely not gravity-fed, but the fact remains that feeding the engine from another fuel source instead of the tank does nothing to assist it in being able to cope with being stored. If fuel is left in the bowl, there will be gunk to clean out of the bowl.

Attempting to "fix", (with the racing fuel), what would be essentially a non-issue if they followed accepted practices is a bit silly.

/ Yet another dumb question from me.. Racing fuel??? #15  
Go with what the manual says to use...

If you have some sort of engine damage a few months from now and you
take it back for warranty work, they can simply say no, you're not burning
what the manual states.

Although, I did a quick check to see what the manual states... couldn't find
a reference to the octane level.