Yet Another Electrician Question

/ Yet Another Electrician Question
<font color="blue"> like the **** approach I have for device cover screws with all slots straight up and down </font>

Hey, I resemble that remark /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Yet Another Electrician Question #12  
I have seen them at both Lowes (Cooper) and Home Depot (Leviton). The cost is a little less than $20 for a box of ten. You can also buy them at any electrical supply house for about the same price.

Joe

/ Yet Another Electrician Question #13  
<font color="blue"> (like the **** approach I have for device cover screws with all slots straight up and down)..........chim
</font>

Oh no, I thought it wa only me!!! I do exactly the same thing, straight up and down. Its gotta be that way. I guess I figure the dirt and dust will not collect in the slot. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Yet Another Electrician Question #14  
(like the **** approach I have for device cover screws with all slots straight up and down). </font><font color="blue" class="small">(

I thought I was the only person who ever cared how the screw was lined up.

<font color="blue">Oh no, I thought it wa only me!!! I do exactly the same thing, straight up and down. Its gotta be that way. I guess I figure the dirt and dust will not collect in the slot </font>

Quick story on this subject...

I grew up in Indy but closer to the town of Zionsville on the Northwest side. There was (and still is I think) a Rolls-Royce dealer there, right next to the Dairy Queen. We'd hit the DQ often enough and wander around the RR dealer building. Never any signs of activity there, but always a couple of impressive cars in the tiny showroom. As small as the place was, it had the air of obsession about it. Gazing in the windows, everything seemed spotless and meticulously arranged.

Several years after I left that area my mother sent me a newspaper article about the RR dealer. He was a one man show, salesman, mechanic and all. Several interesting points were made about him and the place but the one I remember most is where he commented about lining up all the screw and bolt heads whenever he worked on one of the cars. For some reason, that has stayed with me since.

So if you're ever in Zionsville, Indiana be sure to hit the Dairy Queen and let me know if Albers Rolls-Royce is still next door /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Yet Another Electrician Question #16  
I wonder if the show cars also got the hub caps and valve stems lined up. When I mount tires myself, I always line up the "INFLATE TO XX PSI right over the valve stem.

<font color="blue"> I wonder if the show cars also got the hub caps and valve stems lined up. When I mount tires myself, I always line up the "INFLATE TO XX PSI right over the valve stem. </font>

Gads _RaT_, are we related??? I don't do my own car/truck tires but I do line up the valve stem with the label on my bike tires. If nothing else, it makes it easier to find the stem. Also easier to find that piece of glass that's still embedded in the tire after it punctures the tube /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif