Yet another stuck clutch (mt210D)

/ Yet another stuck clutch (mt210D)
Got it all back together and moving again.

And figured out why they used the threaded rod, instead of the stock rod. The support bracket for the (aftermarket) FEL goes right through the plane where the clutch rod should go. So, the rod has to be offset almost an inch to fit between the bracket and the hydraulic feed line. There's also not enough room to fit a larger rod, without rubbing the hydraulic supply line. So, I'm not sure what I'll end up doing.

I may be able to get more metal flat stock, and cut/re-weld the bracket so there's a better path for the rod.

/ Yet another stuck clutch (mt210D) #12  
I'm having the same issue on a Mitsubishi MT1601D, are you still monitoring this thread, What did you do to fix yours? I have mine split and what I see so far is the release or thrust bearing appears to be stuck and the fork is not engaging the release bearing when clutch is depressed. First thing is I'm going have to adjust that clutch pedal play to make sure that is not a issue, So for I can not move the release bearing hub by hand or with pry bar. There is about 3" of free play in clutch pedal before it starts moving the arm forward to engage the fork, then about another inch of movement for the arm and then it's gets stiff with no movement of the arm or release bearing and about another 2 or more inch of clutch pedal before it would bottom out if it was working, So it looks like either the pins are sheared or bent or forks and or stuck hub release bearing assy. (today's job is to figure that out lol) I found a pretty good image of that under the case IH 234 parts web site, it's not exactly the same but close enough to see what parts are involved in the clutch system.

Last edited:
   / Yet another stuck clutch (mt210D)
I'm having the same issue on a Mitsubishi MT1601D, are you still monitoring this thread, What did you do to fix yours? I have mine split and what I see so far is the release or thrust bearing appears to be stuck and the fork is not engaging the release bearing when clutch is depressed. First thing is I'm going have to adjust that clutch pedal play to make sure that is not a issue, So for I can not move the release bearing hub by hand or with pry bar. There is about 3" of free play in clutch pedal before it starts moving the arm forward to engage the fork, then about another inch of movement for the arm and then it's gets stiff with no movement of the arm or release bearing and about another 2 or more inch of clutch pedal before it would bottom out if it was working, So it looks like either the pins are sheared or bent or forks and or stuck hub release bearing assy. (today's job is to figure that out lol) I found a pretty good image of that under the case IH 234 parts web site, it's not exactly the same but close enough to see what parts are involved in the clutch system.

D'oh! Like my pictures show, the throwout bearing carrier just spun 90ー, so the forks from the clutch pedal no longer moved it.

If your stuff isn't moving freely, you'll have to start there, and get them moving. Good luck.