3-Point Hitch Yet another tractor justification & benefit.

/ Yet another tractor justification & benefit. #1  

AxleHub

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey scut 2015 GC1715
Greetings. I had a list of reasons why I could use a tractor and benefit from it. Obviously a front end loader and really good mowing deck were at the top of the list for my new GC1715. Snow was another big need to deal with next.

And then . . well someday in the future I "might" have a need for ??? 3pt. items. Well I recently bought a 40 gallon tank sprayer (fimco) 3pt unit on a good sale. I figured the boom spraying would be handy between my 2 properties with lawn and someday our one large lot currently with heavy ground growth.

Well . . I was wrong . . its incredibly beneficial for the hand sprayer to be used while on the tractor. Each property has about 350 feet of tree line. And if I clear the undergrowth on the lot . . . Another 650 feet of treeline there.

Being able to drive right along these tree lines and spray weed killer or ground killer has already saved me 12 hours in just the last week of using a backpack sprayer and keeps me further away from the spray. In addition on some locations . . I can spray up to 20 feet on some banks and keeps me from climbing around on poor footing areas . . again also keeping me further away from the spray.

While the boom part might be used once or twice a year at each location . . the hand sprayer may be used every week or so between the properties to do sensitve areas around gardens, house, or treelines. With the included 25 foot hose and powered pump . . the so called "spot sprayer" can cover big areas of clover elimination or weed killing with a better control of spray quantity.

The 3pt unit allows me to have it much easier to maneuver than a trailered unit and carry a quantity compared to 2, 3, or 4 gallons on portable sprayers.

Once again . . I underestimated a benefit the new tractor could provide. Now I might have to consider a used small 3pt. brush hog so once the heavily overgrown lot is cleared . . I can maintain that 1.5 acres a little better also.

/ Yet another tractor justification & benefit. #2  
All good reasons. You don't need justification for a tractor. lol. Kinda like shoes or a coat. You just need them.

/ Yet another tractor justification & benefit. #3  
Tractors are like any other pieced of mechanical equipment, it allows you to do things easier and faster. One could walk but we need a car, or maybe a motorcycle or ATV or maybe all three. Tractors are similar in that everything we do with them COULD BE done by hand and was done by hand or mule power for many centuries but why would we want to do anything that way today.
I enjoy my 2 tractors, my 2 ZTR mowers and my Kubota RTV 900, they make life a lot better.

Enjoy your tractor as I am sure that you will find much use for it.

/ Yet another tractor justification & benefit. #4  
False economy!
Look how much exercise you are missing lugging the backpack sprayer around. You just missed 12 hours of exercise !! :)

/ Yet another tractor justification & benefit. #5  
False economy!
Look how much exercise you are missing lugging the backpack sprayer around. You just missed 12 hours of exercise !! :)

Not to mention the back strain!:)

/ Yet another tractor justification & benefit.
False economy!

The only time I run is when a bear or wolf is chasing me or in past days when I could play tennis. But I've never lacked for excercise on a daily basis. What I need is "more completion" of way too many tasks. lol. And of course . . if I can spray in methods that cover more accurately I use less herbicides and have them further from my human contact . . I figure that is much healthier :)

AND if the wife sees more being accomplished . . then Rojo (Spanish for Red) becomes a very accepted investment instead of a purchase.

/ Yet another tractor justification & benefit. #7  
Older you get more your bones and muscles will thank you. ;)

/ Yet another tractor justification & benefit. #8  
When you get older (like me), you'll start using it to get you back up the hill if you decide to take a look down the hill. Parents of my BIL used to use theirs to go get the mail when they got even older.

Ralph

/ Yet another tractor justification & benefit. #9  
Greetings. I had a list of reasons why I could use a tractor and benefit from it. Obviously a front end loader and really good mowing deck were at the top of the list for my new GC1715. Snow was another big need to deal with next.

And then . . well someday in the future I "might" have a need for ??? 3pt. items. Well I recently bought a 40 gallon tank sprayer (fimco) 3pt unit on a good sale. I figured the boom spraying would be handy between my 2 properties with lawn and someday our one large lot currently with heavy ground growth.

Well . . I was wrong . . its incredibly beneficial for the hand sprayer to be used while on the tractor. Each property has about 350 feet of tree line. And if I clear the undergrowth on the lot . . . Another 650 feet of treeline there.

Being able to drive right along these tree lines and spray weed killer or ground killer has already saved me 12 hours in just the last week of using a backpack sprayer and keeps me further away from the spray. In addition on some locations . . I can spray up to 20 feet on some banks and keeps me from climbing around on poor footing areas . . again also keeping me further away from the spray.

While the boom part might be used once or twice a year at each location . . the hand sprayer may be used every week or so between the properties to do sensitve areas around gardens, house, or treelines. With the included 25 foot hose and powered pump . . the so called "spot sprayer" can cover big areas of clover elimination or weed killing with a better control of spray quantity.

The 3pt unit allows me to have it much easier to maneuver than a trailered unit and carry a quantity compared to 2, 3, or 4 gallons on portable sprayers.

Once again . . I underestimated a benefit the new tractor could provide. Now I might have to consider a used small 3pt. brush hog so once the heavily overgrown lot is cleared . . I can maintain that 1.5 acres a little better also.

May I ask what the cost was, and where you got it? i've been considering a "Country Tuff?" from Orshelin's for 369. Was on sale for 349 a couple weeks ago. They look VERY handy. Would allow me to cover some really rough terrain.

/ Yet another tractor justification & benefit.
May I ask what the cost was, and where you got it? i've been considering a "Country Tuff?" from Orshelin's for 369. Was on sale for 349 a couple weeks ago. They look VERY handy. Would allow me to cover some really rough terrain.

MJB. I did a good deal of looking at brands of sprayers to fit my needs and budget. The 3pt. Option is so nice because whether manuevering flower beds or on hills or taking it up the road to the other big lot . . . It sets at whatever height and center of gravity I set the 3pt. Hitch for.

I believe list price is $359.00 and it comes with the good low drift sprayer heads (4 of them) plus the adjustable spray wand with 20 foot hose. You can get it at a wide variety of locations like Tractor Supply, Theisens, Fleet Farm, etc. etc. . I got mine on sale at Farm and Fleet for $289.00.

One thing. The boom is a 3 section unit all spring loaded. I chose the 4 head model which does 120 inches wide. I didn't want the 2 head adjustable broadcast type because it covera a wider area with 2 heads . . But depends on larger spray distances which I consider too dependant on weather issues.

FIMCO 40 Gallon 3 Point Sprayers