3-Point Hitch Yet another tractor justification & benefit.

/ Yet another tractor justification & benefit. #11  
Axlehub, I too have a Fimco sprayer, though mine isn't the 3 pt hitch kind. It's one of the lower models that I can pull behind my Simplicity garden tractor. I see it has the same electric motor mine has.

Word of warning: Make sure you not only flush all the lines, and spray wand with plenty of water, but make sure you store this unit in an area where it will be less prone to freeze. If not, as it gets older, the seals will do strange things, and it will no longer spray.

Mine finally gave up the ghost after we recorded a 6* (f) overnight winter night, followed by a 2* (f) overnight winter night temps. I had to replace the electric motor (though it was running) because the seals caused a problem. I was able to get the exact motor I needed from Amazon.

Just thought I'd let you know since you're in much colder area weather wise than I normally am.

/ Yet another tractor justification & benefit.
Axlehub, I too have a Fimco sprayer, though mine isn't the 3 pt hitch kind. It's one of the lower models that I can pull behind my Simplicity garden tractor. I see it has the same electric motor mine has.

Word of warning: Make sure you not only flush all the lines, and spray wand with plenty of water, but make sure you store this unit in an area where it will be less prone to freeze. If not, as it gets older, the seals will do strange things, and it will no longer spray.

Mine finally gave up the ghost after we recorded a 6* (f) overnight winter night, followed by a 2* (f) overnight winter night temps. I had to replace the electric motor (though it was running) because the seals caused a problem. I was able to get the exact motor I needed from Amazon.

Just thought I'd let you know since you're in much colder area weather wise than I normally am.

Yes . . Cold is our ever present companion several months of the year. I noted when I bought mine that Fimco makes a "flush" component powder that gets mixed with some water to purge the whole unit. I got some to use when I complete a full cycle of spraying both properties for both ground kill and lawn weed killer. And lots of water in between :)