YM 3110 D Steering Column Seal Replacement

/ YM 3110 D Steering Column Seal Replacement #11  
Wish I had some worthwhile advice. Assuming there is no way to come in from behind to push out seal and retainer? what are those wire looking things sticking up?

/ YM 3110 D Steering Column Seal Replacement #12  
I have seen similar seals pried out with a cold chisel/heavy screwdriver if they can't be pressed out from the opposite side. The usual advice about some heat applies to loosen things up, but I think that the challenge (problem?) is mostly the geometry of the seal flange is going to expand outward as you press it from the back.

All the best,

Peter

/ YM 3110 D Steering Column Seal Replacement
Wish I had some worthwhile advice. Assuming there is no way to come in from behind to push out seal and retainer? what are those wire looking things sticking up?
Those wire looking things are just some of the rubber seal remnants that was tore up during the prying and hammering from the back side.

/ YM 3110 D Steering Column Seal Replacement #14  
Those wire looking things are just some of the rubber seal remnants that was tore up during the prying and hammering from the back side.
Might want to try a pilot bearing puller, I have a HF that has several different diameter adapters. They can also usually be rented at local auto parts stores.

/ YM 3110 D Steering Column Seal Replacement
Might want to try a pilot bearing puller, I have a HF that has several different diameter adapters. They can also usually be rented at local auto parts stores.
Thanks for the suggestion. I finally got my pilot bearing puller kit today. I had to order one on Amazon because the two auto parts stores in this small town didn't have one. I'm happy to report it worked like a charm. I managed to get that seal out with the new puller.

Thank you all for your great suggestions.

/ YM 3110 D Steering Column Seal Replacement #16  
Thanks for the suggestion. I finally got my pilot bearing puller kit today. I had to order one on Amazon because the two auto parts stores in this small town didn't have one. I'm happy to report it worked like a charm. I managed to get that seal out with the new puller.

Thank you all for your great suggestions.
Glad it worked out for you, always nice when a tool works properly.