YM1510d Tank return for Power Steering and FEL with Power beyond

/ YM1510d Tank return for Power Steering and FEL with Power beyond
Looks good. If there was some way to put a 90 degree ell in your adapter to force the flow down it would probably eliminate fluid coming out of the vent. Or maybe a baffle in there to force the flow downward. Just talking. :D
Forcing the flow downward was something I tried already. Unfortunately I can't put in an 90° into the adapter. I tried already the baffle idea with a large washer above the entering fluid. It made things better, but not good. I have to try a smaller hole in the washer. That's the first thing I'll try tomorrow. I wrote my other ideas, while you replied to my pictures.

I just found a very old thread with a very similar problem. It seems the solution was a restrictor valve. Unfortunately the solution wasn't confirmed and the owner hasn't been active here for several years.

Leaking trans/hyd oil

/ YM1510d Tank return for Power Steering and FEL with Power beyond #13  
Thanks for the nice photos. They really help.

I don't know what the black item is, but it does look like it has a return. However, if it is a return, it seems too small for your intended use.

Can I suggest thinking about something like this? If you were to use a piece of thin wall tubing with an OD that matches the ID of your hydraulic flare to thread return fitting. Imagine that it has a length just longer than the inner length of the hydraulic fitting. If the end of the tubing were then bent 90 into an "L" shape, the long portion would slide into and would fit inside the fitting. You could unscrew the fitting, place the 90 degree tubing in, then insert the tube into the threaded hole and angle the tube downward as you insert and rethread the hydraulic fitting in. Because the tube can swivel, you can thread the fitting in, and the end will point downwards, where it will direct the bulk of the return flow. If the horizontal portion in the fitting is longer than the diameter of the fill pipe, then it should not fall out.

Does that make sense?

Another alternative is to take the return hose off. Take the tank fitting/ adapter to a local welder and have them weld a small plate or tube directing the flow downwards on the end of the fitting or across the pipe.

Both of these will slow adding replacement hydraulic oil to the tank, but hopefully that is not a common occurrence for you.

All the best,

Peter

/ YM1510d Tank return for Power Steering and FEL with Power beyond #14  
I believe the little black item is a vent canister for the brake housing. I think if you trace the hoses that is where they will go. I also believe they do not vent the transmission cavity. I also believe the return adapter that Hoye used to sell was made to screw into the dip stick hole.

Thanks to all your ideas and comments, I could solve the problem.

Especially the last long reply from Peter (ponytug) was very helpful and a great idea.

It took a while to optimize it and finally I built a 90 degree L that fits into the adapter and leads the fluid downwards.

I drilled up the fitting a little bit and now a tube fits into the fitting. Unfortunately bending a L and putting it into the adapter didn’t work. But with a threaded L it works fine.

I ad some a few pics and if anyone would like to get more info, please feel free to ask.

Winston, I think you are right, the little black canister seems to be connected to the brake housing.

The hoye adapter was for the dip stick hole, but as far as I understand it’s the same hole. There seem to be models with a dipstick in the cap and other models with a cap and a separate dipstick on the left side under the seat. My 1510d has a separate dipstick under the seat next to the filter cover. That’s only a 1/4” (6mm) hole and too small for a tank return.

Thanks again for all your support and comments.

Greetings from Germany

Attachments

• IMG_1498.jpeg
    IMG_1498.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1501.jpeg
    IMG_1501.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1502.jpeg
    IMG_1502.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1504.jpeg