YM1900 FEL

/ YM1900 FEL #1  

Gary Sweat

Platinum Member
I just joined after looking through the postings and decided this forum looks like a good place to get help with my YM1900. I have had the tractor for about 6 years. I have done some work on it and now I want to put a FEL on it. My question is:

Can a larger hydraulic pump be put in place of the factory unit? As best I can tell from searching is the pump is capable of just under 4gpm and I would like to update to at least a 6-8gm to run the loader. If not, can the pump be removed, the hole plugged and an external pump run off the crankshaft pulley?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

/ YM1900 FEL #2  
Welcome to TBN! I moved your post into the Yanmar section so more of our users will see it. Thanks for joining!

/ YM1900 FEL #3  
Assuming YM1900 is similar to the models a few years later .... YM2000 had a standard pump 4 ? gpm, and a high volume (8 - 9 gpm???) optional pump available. I expect it would fit your 1900.

I don't know which pump I have but the loader speed is adequate. It's a little leisurely, more farmer-style than comparable to a specialized material loader or a skid-steer, but it is sufficient.

Does anybody know how I can identify which pump I have?

/ YM1900 FEL
I have only found one reference to the gpm of the pump and it said it was 3.9gpm at 2200rpm. I don't really like running the engine at that rpm to get the flow rate up. I talked with the guys at Fredricks and they told me they have put loaders on YM2000's and they work fine with the factory pump. But then again their idea of fine may not be mine. I don't want something that flings the dirt out of the bucket but I would like to be able to raise the boom and tilt the bucket at the same time without having to wait for the boom to raise before I can operate the bucket. I've seen quite a few belt driven pumps that I was thinking might be able to run off the crank pulley. I would have to remove the factory pump as there simply isn't room to fit anything else on the engine. Just not sure that would be a good idea or not. Hoping maybe someone else has some ideas or opinions on it.

/ YM1900 FEL #5  
Gary, there is a post over on mytractorforum by Ckill1 about his ym240 and front end loader problems. His loader has a crank driven pump, don't have a clue as to output but you might read the post and contact him if you think it a possibility. Might have a number or output on the pump?:thumbsup:

/ YM1900 FEL
Thanks Winston. I'll check it out. Maybe he can save me a few headaches and $$ from what he has learned. I stand by my #1 rule: It is never as simple as it seems"