ym2000 key

/ ym2000 key #31  
I just bought a set of keys for a 850 from JD for my F16D. Works great. I ask them if they would refuse to sell me one if I said what it really was for. I told them it was for a grey market tractor. He just grinned and said, Yanmar? And he also said that yanmar does not make any of John Deere tractors. Hmmmmm?

/ ym2000 key #32  
I think he's right. I think Yanmar only makes engines for a JD model or two now, but not any complete tractors.

/ ym2000 key #33  
Yanmar still builds the JD 790 and 990. At one time they built the JD4100 and I think maybe the 2210. They definately still build the 790 and 990.

/ ym2000 key #34  
Ok, here's a summary for the next new owner who asks what to look for in a spare key.

The attached photo shows my original Yanmar key. I think this type fits nearly all Yanmars that use a double-cut key. Also in the original Yanmar 'ignition' switch there is a copy of that key, on an ilco blank, that I bought on ebay. I've learned from this thread that a JD 850 key is the same thing and is less expensive than an ebay purchase.

The photo also shows a replacement switch from Hoye installed on the tractor, and its key. That switch has a shutter for the keyhole; the original switch didn't have a shutter. Its key labelled 'FII' is not the same cut as the original Yanmar key.

Attachments

• 767751-IMG_5907rYanmarKey.jpg
    767751-IMG_5907rYanmarKey.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,791
   / ym2000 key #35  
Ok, here's a summary for the next new owner who asks what to look for in a spare key.

The attached photo shows my original Yanmar key. I think this type fits nearly all Yanmars that use a double-cut key. Also in the original Yanmar 'ignition' switch there is a copy of that key, on an ilco blank, that I bought on ebay. I've learned from this thread that a JD 850 key is the same thing and is less expensive than an ebay purchase.

The photo also shows a replacement switch from Hoye installed on the tractor, and its key. That switch has a shutter for the keyhole; the original switch didn't have a shutter. Its key labelled 'FII' is not the same cut as the original Yanmar key.

My YM2000 also has a shuttered ignition. I thought it was OEM. My key has a rubber covered head with Yanmar on it. The blank is identical to the other Yanmar key and the cut is identical.
20150222_073026.jpg

Last edited:
   / ym2000 key #36  
My JD 850 key works in my YM2610 with no issues. One key has a leaping deer and the other has the word Yanmar over a bold circle. Lay one atop the other, and these two are identical.

/ ym2000 key #37  
Hey wait a JD key wont fit in a yanmar ;-)!!!!

least thats what i read the JD dealers want you to beleive!

/ ym2000 key #38  
My JD 850 key works in my YM2610 with no issues. One key has a leaping deer and the other has the word Yanmar over a bold circle. Lay one atop the other, and these two are identical.

DSCF1718sm.jpg