YM2000BD Knuckle Seals

/ YM2000BD Knuckle Seals #1  

1m21

Tractor
YM2000BD
I am rebuilding both front outer drive housings on my 2000BD. (FYI it cost ~$300 to replace all the bearings and seals) Both spindle housings are grooved from the knuckle seals. I would like to find a repair sleeve to cover the grooves. Do they make repair sleeves for the spindle housing (115mm)? If so, where can I get them.

/ YM2000BD Knuckle Seals #2  
Yes, speedi-Sleeves. I got mine from a local bearing shop but I found them by doing a google search and going to the manufacturer site(SKF).

FL_Jerry

/ YM2000BD Knuckle Seals
FL_Jerry said:
Yes, speedi-Sleeves. I got mine from a local bearing shop but I found them by doing a google search and going to the manufacturer site(SKF).

FL_Jerry

Thanks. Do you happen to remember the part# ?

Is it one of these?

Speedi Sleeves at Rocket Seals

Maybe we could get Hoye to carry them and list them with the corresponding spindle housing.

/ YM2000BD Knuckle Seals #4  
1m21 said:
I am rebuilding both front outer drive housings on my 2000BD. (FYI it cost ~$300 to replace all the bearings and seals) Both spindle housings are grooved from the knuckle seals. I would like to find a repair sleeve to cover the grooves. Do they make repair sleeves for the spindle housing (115mm)? If so, where can I get them.

You could turn the housing and use a 110m seal, or replace the housing. We did a tractor last week.

Danny

/ YM2000BD Knuckle Seals #5  
I'll look at some of my receipts, but the 115mm is the right size. If you hop over to Hoye's tech support board, I verified the size with him.

It was very easy to put them on and so far, no leaks, but they are kind of expensive so you might want to explore the other options Danny mentioned as well. I didn't because I didn't do a full rebuild as all my bearings were good, just a leak around the knuckle seals. (I didn't want to take any more stuff off than I had to so I went with the sleeves.)

FL_Jerry
2000BD

/ YM2000BD Knuckle Seals
1danny said:
You could turn the housing and use a 110m seal, or replace the housing. We did a tractor last week.

Danny

Anyone have two good housings for sale?

/ YM2000BD Knuckle Seals
1danny said:
New ones are available.

Where? How much? Hoye doesn't list them.