YM2310 3PH depth stop

/ YM2310 3PH depth stop #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
My 1939 Ford 9N has an adjustable depth stop for the 3 point hitch. It is just a hand tightened knob that fits in the slot for the 3 point hitch control lever. The knob is loosened, then the stop is positioned where desired, and the knob is then tightened. When the 3PH lever is lowered it hits the stop and the arms stop lowering. When the arms are raised and then lowered again they stop at the same spot. Is there any reason why this would not work on a YM2310? It would be a great help when using the post hole digger and the tiller. If this is viable I'm gonna make me an adjustable stop.
Thanks,
Eric

/ YM2310 3PH depth stop #2  
My 1939 Ford 9N has an adjustable depth stop for the 3 point hitch. It is just a hand tightened knob that fits in the slot for the 3 point hitch control lever. The knob is loosened, then the stop is positioned where desired, and the knob is then tightened. When the 3PH lever is lowered it hits the stop and the arms stop lowering. When the arms are raised and then lowered again they stop at the same spot. Is there any reason why this would not work on a YM2310? It would be a great help when using the post hole digger and the tiller. If this is viable I'm gonna make me an adjustable stop.
Thanks,
Eric
My 2310 came with the depth stop, maybe contact Hoye to see if they are available.

/ YM2310 3PH depth stop #3  
They're not that hard to make either. :giggle:

/ YM2310 3PH depth stop #4  
This setup is used all the way up to a 3000 and if you look at Hoye's Dia. YM2000 my guess is it's the same. I'm limited on part# for a 2310. You need 63-66 Control Lever. THREE_POINT_CONTROL: Yanmar Tractor Parts

/ YM2310 3PH depth stop #5  
Thanks,
Eric

Eric,

Have you looked at your Parts Manual for the hydraulic control valve assembly? There are one or more little levers under the seat. These will lock the hydraulic at a certain height. This is mostly for the optional draft control.
DSCF7268md-circled.jpg

Now, on the raise/lower 3PT lever, you can use a paint pen and scribe a mark line to the certain depth to drop the auger.

Or like Tinhack said, EZ-PZ to make a 3PT lever lock with a mere wing-nut or tiny knob, a bolt, 2 washers and a plastic nylon spacer.

John Deere style
1635690067579.png

Old Ford and Massey style
1635690653689.png

The Ford style I've used on my Pa's 8N. IF you are not careful, it will all come apart and fall off the tractor. Not good if you are sitting in the seat and all the parts fall to the ground.

The John Deere style above works well for our YM machines because that's the same Yanmar era machine. :) Besides, it uses a brass bolt, less rust years ahead vs. the Ford style and that awful wing-nut.

/ YM2310 3PH depth stop #6  
This setup is used all the way up to a 3000 and if you look at Hoye's Dia. YM2000 my guess is it's the same. I'm limited on part# for a 2310. You need 63-66 Control Lever. THREE_POINT_CONTROL: Yanmar Tractor Parts

His machine is more like my YM2610. Thus, the JD850 Lift Lever Stop would work best. The Hoye page shows the plate reversed on the smaller machines. Good example though. ;)

/ YM2310 3PH depth stop #7  
The gear box on the post hole digger is my depth stop.

/ YM2310 3PH depth stop #9  
You must be dropping in some tall poles then. ;)
Yes. Usually 14' header entrance gates. Plus if cross ties for fence posts on corners. They are 9' long and still have to cut off with chain saw. Sometimes miles of pipe fence. We do have a PhD that mounts on front end loader. Turns slow and you can push down. Works good.

/ YM2310 3PH depth stop #10  
Eric,

Have you looked at your Parts Manual for the hydraulic control valve assembly? There are one or more little levers under the seat. These will lock the hydraulic at a certain height. This is mostly for the optional draft control.
View attachment 719099

Now, on the raise/lower 3PT lever, you can use a paint pen and scribe a mark line to the certain depth to drop the auger.

Or like Tinhack said, EZ-PZ to make a 3PT lever lock with a mere wing-nut or tiny knob, a bolt, 2 washers and a plastic nylon spacer.

John Deere style
View attachment 719100

Old Ford and Massey style
View attachment 719101

The Ford style I've used on my Pa's 8N. IF you are not careful, it will all come apart and fall off the tractor. Not good if you are sitting in the seat and all the parts fall to the ground.

The John Deere style above works well for our YM machines because that's the same Yanmar era machine. :) Besides, it uses a brass bolt, less rust years ahead vs. the Ford style and that awful wing-nut.
Nice Pic.!! My 3pt. had some use on it Esp. Hieght Adj.. Shaft 2 nuts. It was broken at some point even. No doubt it was welded back on the arm. 🤨 Could of an Pole digger pulled it down to far possibly?