YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS #31  
With the engine running does the implement drop a little and is then lifted back up. I have a very heave MC pick up mower that will do on my tractor but fnone of the other implements leak sown. My SAtor Beaver that I rebuilt the cylinder and valve on will hold anything up for a week.

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS
Normmm, I assume that you are talking about the lift "hick-upping". NO, it doesn't do that.
With the engine at idle and the position control lever all the way up, the implement is about half-way up......When I give the engine some throttle, the implement goes to the maximum height position. But when I back down off the throttle- to idle, the implement will go back down to half-way again.....And of course, when the engine is killed, the implement will drop all the way to the ground within several minutes.

Thanks,
Travis

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS #33  
Dat aint rite! Travis that is not the way it should work and you are correct in wanting to make repairs. I would just follow Hoyes advice on repairs and please let us know how it comes out. I know you don't the time to fix it now. I think it could be your cylinder but I never went to hydraulics school...

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS #34  
Travis_R said:
Thanks for the reply Brent.

I'm not sure what I need or where to start. I know that I have the mechanical ability to do the job.

Thanks,
Travis R

Good oxymoron. Actually, not knowing what you need or where to start means you don't have the mechanical ability to do the job :)

I agree.....that was a funny story Wayne.

Buck

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS
Boy, Boy, Boy. The monkey sure is on my back.

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS #36  
But at least the monkey gives you extra lbs for traction!!

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS #37  
Normmm,

With the engine running does the implement drop a little and is then lifted back up. I have a very heave MC pick up mower that will do on my tractor but fnone of the other implements leak sown. My SAtor Beaver that I rebuilt the cylinder and valve on will hold anything up for a week.

My YM2002d does this. Do you have suggestions for a fix? I don't know if my problem is caused by the same thing that is causing Travis' or are they two different problems. Thanks.

Wade

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS #38  
Hello Travis,
I started searching this forum a few weeks ago because my YM2500, which I am trying to sell, has started doing this very same thing. If I leave an implement up with the engine off, within 1 hour it is sitting on the ground. It has not always done this. I have an ITT shop manual on the YM330. While some things may be a little different, it is good enough to give me an idea where to start. Under the troubleshooting section on hydraulics, there is a section that says "Rockshaft falls when engine is turned off". It list several things to check, an O ring that looks like it is on the stop valve stem, an O ring on the piston that is under the cover plate that the stop valve screws into, the spool valve, which is in the body of the control valve, or a weak return spring. I also have just discovered that the rear main seal has started leaking. I am going to hopefully in the next week tear into it to replace the rear main seal and I am also going to check these things in the hydraulics. I want to make sure there are no O rings disintegrating that will progressively get worse. I will post the results here.

/ YM2500 HYDRAULIC LEAKS #39  
Welcome to TBN. Although you may post in this older thread you will get more responses and help if you start a new thread. It is not hard to do. If the 3pt drops it can be in the valve body (Travis's problem) or it could be the seals on the piston that actuates the 3pt. If the 3pt falls when the valve under the seat is closed it is the seals on the piston. If it does not then it is the valvebody.

Mike