YN 1700D junker or good ol" mule

/ YN 1700D junker or good ol" mule #11  
Have fun with your new tractor !:cool2: You are now officially part of the group:thumbsup::laughing:

/ YN 1700D junker or good ol" mule #12  
Can't know the condition but that sounds like a good price for the mowers also. 5' finish mowers that are any good bring a good price around here. Starting price would be closer to $500 around here if any condition at all.

/ YN 1700D junker or good ol" mule #13  
Great find, and at a good deal:thumbsup: It looks to be in good original condition, this is the way I like to find things, I'm not one who is attracted by the gleam of things ,I look beyond and focus on the mechanicals and how well it has been serviced and taken care of;)
I have a 1700 as well and has been a tough and reliable machine for the 4 1/2 years I've owned it, and believe me when I say I probably put my tractor through more than anyone else here does, I've only run it hot 1 time during some heavy bush-hogging, Luckily there were no engine damages, only a split radiator and I repaired it myself,

So be sure to frequently clean the Radiator screen, as well as the radiator its self,
Your 1700D (4wd) will of-course have a advantage over my 2wd, by it having front wheel drive assist it will ease up on the engine torque requirement for preforming task, ( less wear and tear on the engine ), speaking of engines....... you should also be proud to know your 1700 also has the same engine as many of the big brother tractors the( ym2000), only the 1700 has a smaller cylinder bore, This is how the 1700 can get by without having a water pump, it has thicker cylinder walls to absorb more of the friction/heat, But yes you must keep a check on the thermosyphon cooling system, being sure it has the right amount of coolant/water mixture so it can perk, I say "Perk" because it reminds me on how the Old coffee makers use to work, Would get to a certain heat temperature, perk the water up to the top on the maker and drain back through the coffee grains, Is the best way I know how to explain the thermosyphon system and how it works :D

/ YN 1700D junker or good ol" mule
I am pretty stoked so far. I will be digging around here on the site to figure out how to add hydrualic remotes to run my log splitter, this will make things a lot easier around here. This seems like a great site with a ton of knowledge here. thanks!

Attachments

• ym1700d.jpg
    ym1700d.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 149
   / YN 1700D junker or good ol" mule #15  
Wow you did good that is a nice clean machine at an excellent price! Fact I doubt it will ever be worth less than that. Keep it up you should be able to always get your money back or more! Welcome to the group! :thumbsup:

/ YN 1700D junker or good ol" mule
I wish I would have found this before the john deere 430! Really looking forward to working with this 1!

/ YN 1700D junker or good ol" mule #18  
If you aren't going to keep in inside or under a shed, be sure to put a soda can, bottle, etc, over the exhaust to keep the rain out

/ YN 1700D junker or good ol" mule #19  
Better yet also add a plastic tub upside down over the entire dashboard, steering wheel, and tipped seat. These are known to get water down the shift lever and into the transmission. Also water goes down the steering column and into the steering box, rusting the steering bearings. I had to fix this on the YM186D when I bought it - I found rusty and shattered steering bearings in the bottom of the steering box.

But if at all possible - park it under cover. If its a VN refurb, sunlight will eventually fade the paint. Example on Cragslist (will disappear after a while).

/ YN 1700D junker or good ol" mule #20  
the BH anf FM if decent would both be worth $300!!!