"You don't need to replace those tires!"

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #11  
I think I have 2800 hours on them. I bought it at an auction for $9k. The tires were already like that.

YouTube - 2003 Terex TX650

I found this shop that would install 4 new r4 tires for $1800 but I guess it's impossible to get her to agree with it at this point.:(

Hondarider, I think the problem is obvious. I'd bet a dollar to a donut that "she" is not a really big fan of your motocross interests either. I have an idea she would be just as "insensitive" if your tractor was running on rims with no tires at all. Perhaps saying tires are not needed is a hint of something else being wrong. Maybe you need to work on the other issues, and I think this will take care of itself. I don't believe it's about tires.

Yes, you need tires, but make sure your priorities are in order. Sorry if I stuck my nose where it doesn't belong.:eek:

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #12  
$9K for that massive machine!?!?! Cool beans... it's 12k lbs machine and it still slips... I'm not sure if filling the rear tires with any fluid would help or not with traction. I would take it easy, milk a few more miles out of those tires and let things blow over...

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #13  
Yeah, you need new tires. On the bright side, Terex's are very nice, heavy duty machines and an '03 w/ 4 in 1 bucket and heavy duty Gannon (style) box blade for $9K is excellent in my book! Keep looking for some used tires and maybe the family will spring for them as a birthday gift or something. Your profile doesn't tell where your at but I noticed one of your youtube videos was of the Sacramento River, if you are in the Northern Cal area, I noticed that Craigslist Sacramento had a listing for a number of R1 tires including some 16.9x28's tractor tires 4 sale

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #14  
You could also get a set of chains to go on those tires. Dad did that on his 2wd MF Industrial 35 and it made a world of difference.

If you can find the right seller on CL they can be had for $150-200.

Aaron Z

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #15  
I'm thinking chains until time for saving for new. buying used there is a reason they were removed.
Chains on tractor is common when used in the woods or muddy conditions.
and the tires are worn to point maybe a recap it is still used method of getting rubber back on the tire.
ken

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #16  
I vote for the chains as well, it seems the only way to go with a lady like yours.;)

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #17  
Don't pay attention to the criticisms here concerning the wife. Everyone that has one makes decisions somewhat based on wife's feelings. If they don't, they live a miserable home life.

Sounds like your machine is primarily a pleasure purchase, most posters on here fall in that category. So it's hard for the wife to see the need for expenditures. That's okay and from a fiscal standpoint, valid.

My wife rarely questions what I'm doing and if she does it's for information gathering purposes to keep up with my hobbies.

In return when she says "notice anything different in the living room"? And of course I have to say "no". Then she says "the vases on the coffee table". I look at them with disinterest and don't comment. Then she says "I got them at a great price, only $70". Personally I wouldn't give $5 for them, but before I say that I think about my need for new tires on the Jeep or a bigger brush cutter or a grappler for the loader. I quickly refrain from any negative comments and say "they look very nice". Whew,,,, dodged that bullet!!! :D

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #18  
Hondarider, I think the problem is obvious. I'd bet a dollar to a donut that "she" is not a really big fan of your motocross interests either. I have an idea she would be just as "insensitive" if your tractor was running on rims with no tires at all. Perhaps saying tires are not needed is a hint of something else being wrong. Maybe you need to work on the other issues, and I think this will take care of itself. I don't believe it's about tires.

Yes, you need tires, but make sure your priorities are in order. Sorry if I stuck my nose where it doesn't belong.:eek:

Don't pay attention to the criticisms here concerning the wife. Everyone that has one makes decisions somewhat based on wife's feelings. If they don't, they live a miserable home life.

Sounds like your machine is primarily a pleasure purchase, most posters on here fall in that category. So it's hard for the wife to see the need for expenditures. That's okay and from a fiscal standpoint, valid.

My wife rarely questions what I'm doing and if she does it's for information gathering purposes to keep up with my hobbies.

In return when she says "notice anything different in the living room"? And of course I have to say "no". Then she says "the vases on the coffee table". I look at them with disinterest and don't comment. Then she says "I got them at a great price, only $70". Personally I wouldn't give $5 for them, but before I say that I think about my need for new tires on the Jeep or a bigger brush cutter or a grappler for the loader. I quickly refrain from any negative comments and say "they look very nice". Whew,,,, dodged that bullet!!! :D

Well said guys and a little more realistic. Yes, the man needs tires on his tractor and he's going to have to be creative to get them. It's clear she doesn't share in his need.

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #19  
Maybe you're trying to replace the wrong one.....sounds like the Mrs is whats really worn out. :eek: Just Kidding.......... That tire is shot, but then again if you replace it now maybe you'll be shot....your call.

/ "You don't need to replace those tires!" #20  
Very nice machine for 9K! I agree with most on here the tires need replaced however I have a wife that doesnt understand tractors either, She still gets on me about my cab build :D

If you are able put a little money back each month for new ones and try to pay in cash, That is what I do for my projects, She doesnt get near as upset if I tell her I am going to purchase something and have the "spare" cash in hand.

Just my .02

-Mike