You guys cost me a lot of money

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #31  
Nice tractor and implements:thumbsup: You have probably found out by now HST+ is a plus.

I guess we did not educate you on a hydraulic side link and a remote with float:wink: You could put the side link into float and the snowblower would follow the contours of the ground real nice.

Now is your chance to run before you are broke.

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #32  
Nice set of equipment. Wish you many hrs. Of fun.

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #33  
Nice set of equipment. Wish you many hrs. Of fun.

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #34  
Great looking tractor and toys! Have fun!

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #35  
Was the cab on back order? :thumbsup:

/ You guys cost me a lot of money
A cab? - I figured I needed something to buy in the future to make me feel good all over again. Actually, for most of my needs an open station is ideal and being "outside" is one of the things I like most about my seat time. BUT that doesn't apply to rain or blowing snow. I got some ideas from the threads on ways to reduce the "snow in my face" that I'll try out this winter - or I may break down and get a soft cab next year.

Green Paint - I still have a soft spot for JD so having my ZTR and my old LX188 lawn tractor in greeen paint will need to be enough to justify the hat, mugs and JD "stuff".

Hydraulic side-link - darn it! The threads I read mostly discussed the value of the "tilt" for box-blade and other ground-shaping activities - which are a minimum for me (especially with my new grader/scraper!). I didn't think of the float for countour following when blowing and mowing/bush hogging. I may have to think about a future upgrade...

Chain Hooks - My dealer did weld some on for me - without charge - nothing too fancy but will match how I used hooks on my old JD 850.

After 5 hours - in the cold - I'm very happy. I've really taken advantage of the HST+ already - I seem to use the features all the time. Moved stuff with my forks without needing to manoveur it on the bucket and strap it on. Used the SSQA - what a snap - changing is a breeze. Looking forward to the snow/ice melting so I can grade my 800 feet of driveway then get ready for major snow to blow it all away.

Of course, I'm already thinking of the other ideas I get from all of you --

Toothed Bucket - I'm leaning towards a narrower, toothed digging bucket - it seems it wont' cost much more than adding a tooth bar but it will be more $$
Worklights - great ideas on types of light and placement - lights behind my FEL always drove me crazy but my old 850 didn't have a ROPS for mounting - new options abound
Hydraulic side-link - maybe, maybe...
Backup camera - sounds like a good way to really drive by wire

And the list goes on. How about a seated heat? Camera on the loader? More implements..

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #37  
Just kidding on the cab, I have open station on all of my tractors I have always beleived that being in the house when a cab is required is where I want to be!:thumbsup: Be carefull with the ROP many most garage doors are not high enough to allow the ROP to clear, don't ask how I know! Mine is almost always folded down because of that, and also it fitts under trees better to. I have wanted to install lights on the ROP for a while but I just know I would forget to fold them down after I used them!:thumbdown: For the side link I thought you had got more that one remote for something else.

/ You guys cost me a lot of money
I got that "one more remote" for my snowblower chute rotator. I always thought of a side link as being fixed and I rarely (if ever) need to fix it non-level but 94BULLIT points out that a hydraulic side-link has a unique capability to go into Float - which sounds useful.

How many people put their side-link into float and for what purposes?

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #39  
I got that "one more remote" for my snowblower chute rotator. I always thought of a side link as being fixed and I rarely (if ever) need to fix it non-level but 94BULLIT points out that a hydraulic side-link has a unique capability to go into Float - which sounds useful.

How many people put their side-link into float and for what purposes?

You have to get a remote valve with a Float to be able to float the side link. Also you may want to start finding some pallets to put the forks to use. I use them for stacking firewood and other junk like mulch or topsoil in bags, and cinder blocks and brick then it can easily moved. If I know I am getting that kind of stuff I throw a pallet on the truck then I can unload it with the tractor when I come home.

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #40  
In the deepest part of the winter when we get our worst weather they always call it an Alberta Clipper so I assume y'all are to blame for our -40° weather. When it came time to trade in my L3710 on a new tractor cab came first on the list. Enough of full snowmobiling regalia to go clean up the yard and driveway, and even worse when I had to road the 3 miles to the farm to clean up there because unlike a snowmobile, a tractor doesn't provide much of a windbreak. Really nice setup you have - grading scraper like me but I still clean snow with a rear blade and front bucket. My wife says it keeps me out of the house longer.