You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1  

MoKelly

Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St
Tractor
Bobcat CT235, Bad Boy z-turn, Suzuki Vinson 500 and F-150
Christmas was great but I got yet another reminder that I’m getting old.

We had a bunch of younger nieces and nephews over Christmas Eve. I had Dean Martin and Bing Crosby Christmas songs going as background music.

My 18 year old niece asked “who is singing”?

I said “Bing Crosby, maybe the best singer ever”. She looks at me and says “who is that”.

OMG in their language.

After much discussion and and a brief survey, turns out NONE of the kids 18 or under had any clue whatsoever about Bing Crosby, Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra. Not a clue.

I am getting old!!!

/ You Know You Are Old When #2  

We had a bunch of younger nieces and nephews over Christmas Eve. I had Dean Martin and Bing Crosby Christmas songs going as background music.

I said “Bing Crosby, maybe the best singer ever”. She looks at me and says “who is that”.

OMG in their language.

After much discussion and and a brief survey, turns out NONE of the kids 18 or under had any clue whatsoever about Bing Crosby, Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra. Not a clue.

I am getting old!!!
Given those 3 singers were dead by the late 90s (Bing - 1977, Dean - 1995, Frank - 1998) its no wonder.

/ You Know You Are Old When #4  
While I know all three, I don't think I have listen to any since I moved out on my own around 1980

/ You Know You Are Old When #6  
I probably wouldn't know their favorite current musical "artists" either, so it's fair. We're not old - we're experienced.

/ You Know You Are Old When #7  
You go downstairs to lift weights and end-up injured for 4 weeks :(

/ You Know You Are Old When #8  

OMG in their language.

I am getting old!!!
Heck I'm 62 and had trouble thinking of any of their tunes. My folks were more big band kind of listeners.

I asked my kids a few minutes ago (26 and 31) and they both knew who they were, but don't know any of their tunes either.

/ You Know You Are Old When #9  

OMG in their language.

I am getting old!!!
You should have popped in the “White Christmas” movie followed up by “it’s a Wonderful Life”. Somebody has to teach them about The better things in life ;)

/ You Know You Are Old When
You should have popped in the “White Christmas” movie followed up by “it’s a Wonderful Life”. Somebody has to teach them about The better things in life ;)

Yes sir! I like your thinking.