Your favourite Coffee Can.....

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #21  
I use them for all kinds of junk. Best part is that they become collectables at one point, I have old king syrup buckes, old oyster tins, old coffee cans from yester years etc. Cans/tins/pails themself are probably worth far more than the contents.

mark

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #22  
I have a bunch of both quart and gallon size -- I use them for storing hardware, metal plates, bird house roofs etc. My favourite these days however is the plastic jars at Costco for nuts and candies -- they are clear, do not shatter and are the right size for a lot of hardware -- so much so that I now have to build a rack to fit them!

/ Your favourite Coffee Can.....
Costco used to sell 6 CF bulbs in a fairly sturdy clear case with 2 snap closures. I use one of those for my weedwacker toolkit.

The candy ones I'm thinking of are often round, with pie-shaped sections. Those would be good for sorting.

Yep, likely some money in the old tins themselves. I have a Players Navy Cut tobacco tin that was my Dad's, it's probably way older than I am. Now, that's old ! :p

Rgds, D.

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #24  
I got away from using coffee cans and switched to those stackable plastic storage bins in various sizes.

Mine hardware is more visible and easier to find and takes less space in the cabinet.

I haven't converted everything over yet, still have about 2 dozen coffee cans with nuts/bolts,nails

I buy the bins as I find them on sale. For big stuff I get some metal stackable bins in the 12"x18" size
from the local surplus center/junk yard.

metal bins.jpg

/ Your favourite Coffee Can.....
I like the format of the stacking bins that snap into receiver lip, on a wallboard. Out of the way, but accessible and easily made portable.

BUT, around here I'd need to win a medium sized lottery to afford them. Even On Sale, I keep looking at the price and thinking "They want HOW MUCH for a piece of stamped sheet metal and a bunch of plastic bins ?!!!!!!!!!!!". My best shot would likely be an auction, or yard sale.........

Rgds, D.