Your Land is my Land

/ Your Land is my Land #41  
I have a friend who is currently in a "similar" situation. His property and the neighbors is separated by an unmaintained county road. The old county road gives his neighbor access to the back of his property. The neighbor's father doesn't like the old grown up unmaintained road so he decides to make a new road on my buddy's side. Hard to imagine something like this could happen but it did. Despite repeated confrontations the neighbor and particularly his father who was doing all the work, took out a gate( repeatedly), cut the roadway in ( yes, LOTS of dirt work), cut over 100 trees ( and took the wood) and started hauling in a gravel base.The Sheriff wouldn't get involved or the states attorney. "It's a civil issue". The neighbors father would not stop until after the second court appearance where the judge made it clear if he continued, he would be jailed. This has been going on for about 2 years. I know my buddy's initial legal retainer was $10K and he spent several thousand on a survey and it is nowhere close to being settled.

It doesn't sound like your situation is as bad but I hope you can get a handle on it quickly and amicably. That sounds so easy but the reality of this kind of situation is sometimes crazy neighbors can do some crazy things with seeming impunity....it boggles my mind!

/ Your Land is my Land #42  
I would dig a ditch and see what happens.

/ Your Land is my Land #43  
Get a 4 wheeler and go for a ride on his side of the line.

/ Your Land is my Land #44  
Grapes. Maybe you should start making your own wine.

/ Your Land is my Land #45  
Hitch up your brush hog, and do your best imitation of "Crop Circles" in his grapes? Blame it on Russian collusion.

I admire you guys and your "turn the other cheek" advice. I'm afraid my response in such situation would be much less "friendly-like". Sometimes it's all in how you explain it to the guy. He's getting away with it because you're trying to be sweet. That is your mistake. He's calling your bluff, so call his. He doesn't "misunderstand". He's ignoring you. We'd have a Come To Jesus Meeting over it, and he'd either stop on his own, or I would cause him to stop. Sounds like he has much more to "lose" on his property than you have on yours. Explain it to him that way.

I've not had to deal with the same problem, but I have dealt with problem neighbors and similar mindsets.

I wish you luck OP.

/ Your Land is my Land #46  
I try not to hit anymore beehives with a stick than I have to. I already have enough to worry about without retaliation. Is he really hurting anything?

/ Your Land is my Land
Yes, the ditch idea is a good start. My Kubota L3800 and 66" Box Blade cuts a real nice one sided ditch. His large sprayer tank might not like the drop off getting onto and off my property. :confused3: The throwing of T-posts and signs tossed like frisbees does show strong aggression so I think talking is over. :eek:

/ Your Land is my Land #48  
Hitch up your brush hog, and do your best imitation of "Crop Circles" in his grapes? Blame it on Russian collusion.

I admire you guys and your "turn the other cheek" advice. I'm afraid my response in such situation would be much less "friendly-like". Sometimes it's all in how you explain it to the guy. He's getting away with it because you're trying to be sweet. That is your mistake. He's calling your bluff, so call his. He doesn't "misunderstand". He's ignoring you. We'd have a Come To Jesus Meeting over it, and he'd either stop on his own, or I would cause him to stop. Sounds like he has much more to "lose" on his property than you have on yours. Explain it to him that way.

I've not had to deal with the same problem, but I have dealt with problem neighbors and similar mindsets.

I wish you luck OP.
Until his survey is done and the actual line location established , any action could come back and bite him in the tail. Once that is done a few strategically set concrete waste blocks as someone suggested will probably be the simplest solution.

/ Your Land is my Land #49  
YOUR LAND IS NOT HIS LAND... Get your survey, AND have your surveyor file it at the county courthouse, then and only then, does it become a legal document. If you do not file it, it is only as good as what you have now... nothing. Once you have a legal description of your property line, now you can enforce it. I speak from experience...

Or in the case of my aunts neighbor removing her fence and clearing the fencerow had it surveyed, the court threw out the survey and my aunt lost her 3 feet of property that was the fencerow.

/ Your Land is my Land #50  
....I had a neighbor who was trespassing on my property. When I approached her about the issue, she claimed she was part Native American and therefore didn't recognize property lines. I was tempted to tell her I was Scots-Irish and we "shoot and ask questions later.".....

That right there is why I come to TBN every evening.... :laughing: Good stuff! :thumbsup: