Your Opinion Please.

/ Your Opinion Please. #41  
I certainly wouldn't put all that on the home page.

I look at this from the stand point of what is the thought process when we're looking for an item or service on the internet. What it is we try to do is to get to what we want with the least effort and in the shortest amount of time. So what happens when we get to a web page, we want to know within a few seconds:

1 Does this business provide the service or product that I'm interested in?
Not detailed information just an overall description something such as (HOME REMODEL AND CONSTRUCTION)

2 Does this business provide the service in my area?

A person doesn't want to spend any time reading someone's business philosophy if they're not sure they've found the right product.

Once you decide you're probably in the right place now you want more information.
So what's important at this stage is an easy to navigate web page. You would want pages such as:

TYPE OF PROJECTS ---- Here outline the type of projects you do, size of projects, Kitchen remodel, Bath remodel, Complete home build, Landscaping, etc, etc.

PICTURES BEFORE AND AFTER ----- The more professional looking the after pictures, the better. The before pictures don't matter.

TESTIMONIALS

HISTORY, EXPERIENCE and SPECIALTIES

BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY ----- Here is where you can put most of what you wrote.

I think I would leave all the payment schedule information out and deal with that after you meet with the customer. You never know you may decide to change how you want to get paid when you meet the person.

/ Your Opinion Please. #42  
I agree that the after pictures are probably the most important, but seeing where a project started compared to where it ended up can be rather impressive.

I remember doing a project that dressed up a ranch house for not that much money. The client couldn't believe the transformation. I kept telling him all along that it would work, but I didn't have any pictures to show him how it would work before doing the work.

/ Your Opinion Please. #43  
PICTURES BEFORE AND AFTER ----- The more professional looking the after pictures, the better. The before pictures don't matter.

What I ment was that the quality of the before pictures doesn't matter but that the after pictures should be as professional as possible.
Having the before and after comparison is very important.

/ Your Opinion Please. #44  
What I ment was that the quality of the before pictures doesn't matter but that the after pictures should be as professional as possible.
Having the before and after comparison is very important.

And personally I like the before and after shots to be taken from the same place. Maybe it's more true of landscaping projects but I like to see the 'transformation'.

/ Your Opinion Please. #45  
Wow... interesting.

For the web page, ditch your photo, in that space, put pics of customer projects.

Have a catchy statement about you/your work.

Make the page business oriented, with links to you as a person. I want your business skills, I will consider you as a person, when I see your skill set.

Your intro letter, one paragraph on the front-page. The rest, leave as is, under your person link.

Keep it simple and structured. I spend about 10 seconds on a site looking for stuff, if it has not been updated due to content overflow, I am out of there. So, ya gotta have it simple for you to maintain and update.....

Consider displays to Mobile devices, small screens, consider someone who does this as a living. Your time can be better spent on your business.

Don't forget to ask about a pointer to TBN where people can see the real helpfull you in action! :^)

Sorry for the rambling... just off the top of my head.