Your thoughts on my future carreer change

/ Your thoughts on my future carreer change #81  
I was at a an art/craft show and it was dead, when this happens vendors start talking. Since there were 8 wood workers in the same room we got to visiting. One couple told me about "work camping" where Opportunities for Workamping (or Work Camping) -- over 175 sites in 12 states where people work at maintaing rv parks in exchange for free camping or wages.
They also told me about a Cal-Am Resorts - facility in Arizona that had a full wood shop, quiliting, painting, etc that had people who stayed there teach the classes and maintain the buildings.
It was an awesome idea to provide all these opportunities. More food for though.

/ Your thoughts on my future carreer change #82  
I was at a an art/craft show and it was dead, when this happens vendors start talking. Since there were 8 wood workers in the same room we got to visiting. One couple told me about "work camping" where Opportunities for Workamping (or Work Camping) -- over 175 sites in 12 states where people work at maintaing rv parks in exchange for free camping or wages.
They also told me about a Cal-Am Resorts - facility in Arizona that had a full wood shop, quiliting, painting, etc that had people who stayed there teach the classes and maintain the buildings.
It was an awesome idea to provide all these opportunities. More food for though.

/ Your thoughts on my future carreer change #83  

Yeah, between work for free, barter and trade tactics, it is trendy and getting harder to make dollars. I see it in my industry too. I'll do that, for this, type of deals.

Unfortunate, my goal is amassing cash, bills to pay and what not.

But you are spot on with the observation, opportunity is out there. One needs to find it, do it and hope to find the right balance.

/ Your thoughts on my future carreer change #84  
Eddie...
Lots of good advise here...
I would look at the demographics of the area and the income levels...
That is the most important thing in my mind when thinking of a new business...
Here in my area a lot of the weddings are held at the local golf courses...
Prices vary according to amenities...
My son was married last year and held the reception at the golf course he works at for $600...
They were able to get the food and DV covered separately...
Look at your competition, demographics, and income levels...
That will give you a clear indication of your market...

/ Your thoughts on my future carreer change #85  
Wedding idea is great. I would recommend only doing one at a time. Three would be a nightmare. There are so many little things that you as the location owner can assist with before the ceremony. While your help isn't mandatory, it's extremely appreciated and builds good will which will help you grow faster than anything. Word of mouth spreads like wild fire. I have sent several people to the location my wife and I were married at.

Brett

/ Your thoughts on my future carreer change #86  
Restaurant business is one of the hardest. An RV camp you'd be slave to and all that you speak of as Gator stated is mucho start up money dependent on "whims" Whims of people wanting to get married (how are summers in Tyler?) , whims of people stopping at your place to camp for the night (is Tyler a destination or drive through type of demographic?) and how much competition would you have for either? I have a friend who fought with the state and was imprisoned for contempt when he tried opening a building waste dump on his farm land. 10 years he was in court and when the tide changed, he opened his "recycling center" taking in building demo waste etc, In 5 years he became a multi millionaire. Literally not one minute goes by without some type of truck from semi to p.u. wanting to dump their demolished buildings from sheds to high rise. Thousands of tons per week at $65 per ton. I know, it's probably an assault to your senses but if you want to make money and there is no place around as I'm describing, money will just roll in. Then you can buy some other land and play to your hearts content once you're a multi millionaire.

Last edited: