Chains Your thoughts on this?

/ Your thoughts on this? #1  

kidkioti

Bronze Member
This SC has a CK 27 that currently has square link grader chains installed. Correction - currently have just one side as I lost one during last snow storm in Pa. (again). Rather than high-jack the previously thread ... would like to have others of our family forum share or or suggest what they have found to work best for them, if you will?

The tractor has been a delight and has worked many hours, so far this Winter. I purchased these chains recently, as suggested, by dealer. They have done quite well before I lost one. :fiery: Presumably I need to get snow tire chain end side links that will adequately keep the chains together as the original on this chain broke. Inner one!

Any an all your suggestion, assistance, input would be appreciated. It would be interesting to hear what others have found that has worked for them. If you prefer you may PM. Need a chain replacement & snow tire chain side link - heavy duty? Thank you very much! KK:confused:

/ Your thoughts on this? #2  
Are you chains loose on the tires which causes them to flop around and break the link? Are you being overly aggressive with your machine with causes the extra stress on the chains causing them to break? Just asking as not everyone uses theirs machines the same way. A temporary fix would be to get one of those oval links that has a nut to close it. Did you find your chain?

/ Your thoughts on this?
Are you chains loose on the tires which causes them to flop around and break the link? Are you being overly aggressive with your machine with causes the extra stress on the chains causing them to break? Just asking as not everyone uses theirs machines the same way. A temporary fix would be to get one of those oval links that has a nut to close it. Did you find your chain?

Nothing short of a miracle today ... found the chain with tensioner sticking out of a plowed pile of snow:). Correct size chains installed & tightened prior. CK 27 - 25x8.5x14. It appears that the cross link/links, this time, caught on the power steering shield on the LH power steering assembly. As initially the clearance between shield/assembly and tire is limited.

Took especially great care when installing & using chains. I need to repair the shield & a couple of chain cross links. Thought maybe of modifying the shield or removing it completely?? Using no front chains does not work very well :(.

Maybe I'm the only CK 27 Kioti owner that has this problem? Thank you for your reply - Hope this helps? KK - USAF 62-66

/ Your thoughts on this? #4  
At least you found the chain and the reason for losing it. Now to figure out a way so that it doesn't happen again.

/ Your thoughts on this?
At least you found the chain and the reason for losing it. Now to figure out a way so that it doesn't happen again.

Glad that helped to explain the matter. I should apologize to our Forum Family for the query. I didn't realize that I could be the only Kioti owner that faces this dilemma Took especially great care when installing & using chains. I need to repair the shield & a couple of chain cross links. Thought maybe of modifying the shield or removing it completely?? Using no front chains does not work very well. Thanks again. KK USAF 62-66

/ Your thoughts on this? #6  
Glad that helped to explain the matter. I should apologize to our Forum Family for the query. I didn't realize that I could be the only Kioti owner that faces this dilemma Took especially great care when installing & using chains. I need to repair the shield & a couple of chain cross links. Thought maybe of modifying the shield or removing it completely?? Using no front chains does not work very well. Thanks again. KK USAF 62-66

I only use front chains as the rear chains are useless without a ballast weight in the back.