Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #711  
Here is mine, I have posted this photo before in some other spots. It is a 1973 Mercedes Benz Unimog. Has a 5.7L diesel, can switch from 2wd to 4wd to full 4 wheel lock with air lockers, all from inside of the cab. Full hydraulics front and rear, on board air system, three way dump box, and can pull 22 tons! The trailer is rated for 7k lbs. and is 16' long. I seem to use it more for other people than I do for myself, since I sold our other piece of property. No need to haul my tractor anywhere anymore. Here the kids are getting some snow from the ice rink so they can snowboard in the summer time!

OMG! The ultimate man machine! You have what guys driving Hummers only wish they had!! Will you sell it to me? Will ya? Will ya, huh? I'll even throw a snow making machine in the deal!

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #712  
OMG! The ultimate man machine! You have what guys driving Hummers only wish they had!! Will you sell it to me? Will ya? Will ya, huh? I'll even throw a snow making machine in the deal!
I have two for sale if you are serious about buying one!
Von

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #713  
OK, I'll bite--what is that thing?

85 chevy C30 aka $1500 farm truck. Came with western plow, bed dumped and it starts on the first few cranks.

PO had replaced the hood and fender as well as both doors, floor pannels and door sills due to rust with replacement parts....

Ive done little more than basic tuneup parts (on the principal of it) and put gas in it.

Its towing my 20' 10K equipment trailer with my TC33 with box blade and 300lb railroad weight and tiller. Headed over to a buddies house to do some yard gradeing and prep for grass seed.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #714  
Trailering!!
10.4K trailer. Jeep Grand Cherokee, NH 4060 + on board...

Attachments

• Hercules__007.jpg
    Hercules__007.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 283
  • Hercules mowing in the Swamp 5 21 2010.jpg
    Hercules mowing in the Swamp 5 21 2010.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 201
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #715  
85 chevy C30 aka $1500 farm truck. Came with western plow, bed dumped and it starts on the first few cranks.

PO had replaced the hood and fender as well as both doors, floor pannels and door sills due to rust with replacement parts....

Ive done little more than basic tuneup parts (on the principal of it) and put gas in it.

Its towing my 20' 10K equipment trailer with my TC33 with box blade and 300lb railroad weight and tiller. Headed over to a buddies house to do some yard gradeing and prep for grass seed.

Hey, I like it. Something like your Chevy might be the right rig to tow my old vintage tractors to the tractor shows around here.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #716  
Trailering!!
10.4K trailer. Jeep Grand Cherokee, NH 4060 + on board...
Jeep Grand Cherokee?! I don't think any Jeep has ever been rated at over 7,200lbs or so. That looks like quite the load for one. What's your total weight and how did it do?

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #717  
I have two for sale if you are serious about buying one!
Von

Von -

Very kool machines and website! Didn't see pics and prices of the 2 for sale??

/ Your towing rigs and trailers
Jeep Grand Cherokee?! I don't think any Jeep has ever been rated at over 7,200lbs or so. That looks like quite the load for one. What's your total weight and how did it do?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Notice no pics of the jeep, maybe it was pointed skyward.

Matt

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #719  

I hear ya. My mechanic had a Grand Cherokee with the V8. I would guess it was a 07 or 06. It was all wheel drive and he towed my 18' trailer to Chicago and back to pick up his sons car with a bad tranny then used my neighbors 2 horse trailer to go get 2 horses for his daughter. Soon after the rear end failed and then a few months later the tranny started to slip. He traded it off real quick.

If it makes you happy he bought a Dodge 1500.:D No problems with it other than the rear tail lights keep shorting out. Keep it till last year and got a V8 Mountaineer.

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #720  
Peej - I like the rig, but not sure about chaining down to the front weights - the weight bar is much stronger.
Jim