Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,591  
I have not weighted it, but it will weigh around 4,000 lbs.

011.JPG

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,592  
Well, here is my new towing rig, a 2014 3/4 ton c/c 4x4. Chevy of course. Highway mileage is 19 and town is 16, fixn to go to Monroe LA for a livestock show in a couple weeks, we will see how she does pulling the livestock trailer down there! Oh yeah, it's a duramax. LUTT

Attachments

• image-1634099610.jpg
    image-1634099610.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #1,593  
Well, here is my new towing rig, a 2014 3/4 ton c/c 4x4. Chevy of course. Highway mileage is 19 and town is 16, fixn to go to Monroe LA for a livestock show in a couple weeks, we will see how she does pulling the livestock trailer down there! Oh yeah, it's a duramax. LUTT

Congratulations, like the color.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,594  

Duplicate post.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,596  
20140121_123456.jpgIMG_20100923_165051.jpg1996 Ram 3500 V-10

The DK40 is ready to go in for the 50 hour service.

The stock trailer sits a bit high but we just put ponies in it.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,597  
Here is a pic of my 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 with a Cummins. I'm towing it home from the dealer after getting a recall performed. The trailer is a 16+2 Trailerman that is rated at 7000 lbs that I also use to haul my Kubota BX2350 on.

Attachments

• IMG_20140327_125435_824.jpg
    IMG_20140327_125435_824.jpg
    775.4 KB · Views: 384
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #1,598  
Here is a pic of my 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 with a Cummins. I'm towing it home from the dealer after getting a recall performed. The trailer is a 16+2 Trailerman that is rated at 7000 lbs that I also use to haul my Kubota BX2350 on.

Thats the best looking Dodge trucks. Much better than the new ones. Just can't buy into the headlights and grill.

Good looking rig!

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,599  
Thank you. I learned a few things about my truck a few weeks ago. It always looked a little high in the front to me, more so in the photo because of the trailer on the back. I assumed the truck had a leveling kit installed on the front. I also always assumed the bug deflector above the grill was a add on. There is a place on the Dodge website that you can enter your VIN and get a build sheet for your truck e-mailed to you. My truck came with the snow plow prep package which has heavier springs on the front which makes it ride a little higher. The bug deflector was also a factory option.

I drove from my house to Peoria Il. to have the recall performed. Its about 100 miles one way. Drove home with an empty trailer and went back and picked it up a couple of days later. I averaged 15.3 mpg hand calculated. I was a little shocked the mileage was that good towing.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #1,600  
Thank you. I learned a few things about my truck a few weeks ago. It always looked a little high in the front to me, more so in the photo because of the trailer on the back. I assumed the truck had a leveling kit installed on the front. I also always assumed the bug deflector above the grill was a add on. There is a place on the Dodge website that you can enter your VIN and get a build sheet for your truck e-mailed to you. My truck came with the snow plow prep package which has heavier springs on the front which makes it ride a little higher. The bug deflector was also a factory option.

I drove from my house to Peoria Il. to have the recall performed. Its about 100 miles one way. Drove home with an empty trailer and went back and picked it up a couple of days later. I averaged 15.3 mpg hand calculated. I was a little shocked the mileage was that good towing.

Thats about right. I have driven from Indy to Detroit to pick up a Auction Lincoln Aviator SUV. It was for my neighbor so I used his 2007 Dmax 3500 SRW 4x4 and my 18' car hauler. I got right at 15.5 mpg.

I have taken my 2006 F350 on about a dozen rescue missions. Furthest was Chicago. I alway got just short of 17 mpg with my modded 6.0 PS. Most were mid sized cars, 1 Suburban, and 1 1/2 ton GMC.

Just like you it was one way loaded, one way empty for these trips.