Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,351  
I just acquired a used 09 F350 with V10. It has a new manifold. Any idea why the manifolds don't last? I also have an '01 V10 approaching 300,000. I purchased an SCT programmer from 5 Star Tuning. The '01 went from 8 to 11 mpg. Will probably buy one for the '09 as well.

Is that the programmer that 5 Star does the tunes on? I was watching one of their comparison videos hooked up to a trailer and the changes were pretty impressive.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,352  
My 96 Extended has an 8' bed and seating for 6... 3 adult in front and 3 midgets in back.

I think the new Crew Ford didn't have the 8' option when we ordered?

Ford did offer two sizes of short beds for the Crew and we had to special order the longer short bed.

Had the truck prepped for a 5th Wheel and Goose Neck... most of the older trailers are setup for the 8' bed... so another consideration.

There are many areas around here where parking is limited by law to vehicles 20' and shorter... plus, it seems like a third of spaces are compact.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,353  
I have 5 Star custom tunes on my '14 F150 EcoBoost and can't say enough good things. Better power delivery, better mileage, better shifting and towing. These tunes are installed using a SCT device and is worth every penny.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,354  
My 96 Extended has an 8' bed and seating for 6... 3 adult in front and 3 midgets in back.

I think the new Crew Ford didn't have the 8' option when we ordered?

Ford did offer two sizes of short beds for the Crew and we had to special order the longer short bed.

Had the truck prepped for a 5th Wheel and Goose Neck... most of the older trailers are setup for the 8' bed... so another consideration.

There are many areas around here where parking is limited by law to vehicles 20' and shorter... plus, it seems like a third of spaces are compact.

The longest bed you can buy with a half ton crew of any make is 6.5'

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,355  
Heres a question i dont think is important enough to have its own thread, but i am still curious. Why do most people who buy an extended cab half ton, but only get short (6.5ft) beds, i Know Ford stills offers the option to get a 8' bed with the extended cab, and i believe Toyota still does as well.

So it fits in my garage. Same with a crew cab short bed.

No way I'm leaving the second most valuable think I own sit outside!

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,356  
Is that the programmer that 5 Star does the tunes on? I was watching one of their comparison videos hooked up to a trailer and the changes were pretty impressive.

Yes. The programmer comes with 3 tunes, however 5 star will provide 3 custom tunes specific to V10's. The programmer has multiple options you can set for yourself. Mine idled at over 1100 rpm. The SCT let me bring it down to around 650. It will also read the computer codes and let you clear them. You can also adjust shift points as well. I just stick to his Economy, Towing, or Performance modes. Not sure what effect some of the options will have on the engine.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,357  
A extended cab with a 6 1/2 foot bed is perfect for me and believe me I put it through its paces, I hall a lot more than air. Extended cab allows me to haul my family with me when I need to take it somewhere. Also is a great place to store tools. And the 6 1/2 foot bed is the perfect size for the type of work I do. With this cab configuration the wheelbase is still short enough to be able to maneuver in tight parking lots when I need to and fit in most garages.

image-536035712.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,358  
That is a very nice setup. I think that is my favorite Ford.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,359  
That is a very nice setup. I think that is my favorite Ford.
Thank you very much. I have had quite a few different trucks and this is also my favorite. Always does what I ask of it and doesn't complain.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,360  
took this trailer over the smaller BP, hooping the tractor would lift the logs onto it, but it didn't

007.JPG