Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,791  
What year did those motors go EGR ? Something like 2002 ?

Cool Lister project - post details in another thread please :thumbsup:

Rgds, D.

I think EGR valves were introduced in 98 or 99 on the previous TD5 diesel, all Defenders after that had one. The 2.4 Ford engine came in '07 and revised to a 2.2 with DPF in '11. It's coo on to have the EGR blanked and disabled here, as they don't test if it works. People used to remove cats and DPFs too but they are now checked at the annual test.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,792  
I think EGR valves were introduced in 98 or 99 on the previous TD5 diesel, all Defenders after that had one. The 2.4 Ford engine came in '07 and revised to a 2.2 with DPF in '11. It's coo on to have the EGR blanked and disabled here, as they don't test if it works. People used to remove cats and DPFs too but they are now checked at the annual test.

Thanks.

Rgds, D.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,793  
Here I am getting ready to head back to Idaho with my father's Oliver 77. It isn't tied down yet so that is why you can't see the straps and chains.

IMG_20170707_131059.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,794  
You need to readjust that weight distributing hitch. Those spring bars should be near parallel to the trailer frame once latched and loaded. You'll need to loosen the head where the spring bars go in, two bolts. The top bolt may need to come out to add washers as spacers, some just have a bolt you will screw in more. There is also a bolt that goes in the bottom to help secure the amount of tilt there is on the head. Once the head is tilted away from the truck and tightened down, the spring bars should hang below level slightly. Set the trailer on the ball, lock it, raise the trailer and back of the truck up till the bars are near level, then lock the chains for the spring bars on their mounts. Lower the jack to set the weight back on the system.

Advance to 7:10 to get to the relevant part of the video below.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,795  
You need to readjust that weight distributing hitch. Those spring bars should be near parallel to the trailer frame once latched and loaded. You'll need to loosen the head where the spring bars go in, two bolts. The top bolt may need to come out to add washers as spacers, some just have a bolt you will screw in more. There is also a bolt that goes in the bottom to help secure the amount of tilt there is on the head. Once the head is tilted away from the truck and tightened down, the spring bars should hang below level slightly. Set the trailer on the ball, lock it, raise the trailer and back of the truck up till the bars are near level, then lock the chains for the spring bars on their mounts. Lower the jack to set the weight back on the system.

They actually were close to level, part of it is the angle of the picture and part was the brother in law hooked it to the wrong link. :) On level ground and the load balanced they were pretty close to level. I do appreciate you looking out for me though.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,796  
2017 Tundra 4x4 CrewMax freshly hooked up to the new 20' Load Trail 10k lb hauler and the new 2538 TLB, 6' shredder and pallet forks loaded. I got it hauled out to the property and came back and ordered the Firestone Ride Rites which I will install before hauling again. It towed it fine, no issues thanks to smooth Texas roads.

Attachments

• 20170722_100851.jpg
    20170722_100851.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 815
  • firestone_airbags.jpg
    firestone_airbags.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 130
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #2,797  
You'll like the airbags, I put them on my 3/4 ton and haul a 16ft dump, tows great even when the quarry loads it a bit tongue heavy

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,798  
New forum member and 1st post. Just got a Kubota BX23S TLB w/ thumb, tiller, box blade, and 4 ft cutter. Glad I had the HD towing package and brake controller. Also have an older John Deere 950.IMG_0608.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,799  
Nice looking setup, I wish you lived closer, I could borrow some of those implents when I need them. I'd even store them for you for free.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,800  
New forum member and 1st post. Just got a Kubota BX23S TLB w/ thumb, tiller, box blade, and 4 ft cutter. Glad I had the HD towing package and brake controller. Also have an older John Deere 950.View attachment 520090

Welcome to TBN! Nice rig and tractor!