You've warped me!

/ You've warped me! #1  

Spiffy

Veteran Member
Tractor
PT2445; several ag machines and classics
You\'ve warped me!

OK....I didn't need any help in that department, but it's nice to try to spread the blame! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, this is actually the culmination of several threads, but thought it deserved it's own.

I was intrigued with the fine filter ideas, but was able to file that at the back of my mind. The slow/stopped lift when steering: same. Soft start PTO would be nice, but same. The PTO reverse, I had to do a double take, but not too serious. However, when looking at valve options for PTO reverse, I stumbled across a pump that might solve all my "desires". Triple pump! That'd only solve the steering, but if I'm crazy enough to spend $250 on that, I'd be stupid enough to order a double (so the front and rear wouldn't be on at the same time) valve too. Then (to justify some $$$) I'd have my old pump for a spare.

Anyway, I pulled my double pump out yesterday (I didn't quite trust the numbers for mounting and shaft; pain in the rear, BTW) and the triple would fit. Enough room under the operator panel for valves and to run a kidney loop for a fine filter. Don't really want to spend that kind of money, but.....

Now, am I nuts? Of course, you guys will probably all say "do it" just so I can report back my success [or failure? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ]. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ You've warped me! #2  
Re: You\'ve warped me!

It's only money. Do it. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sedgewood

/ You've warped me! #3  

<font color="blue">You've warped me! </font>

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ You've warped me! #4  

Go for it!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ You've warped me! #5  

We all agree - go for it.
Now, the picture taking of this project, for our benifit, will require step by step photo's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
PJ

/ You've warped me!

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( We all agree - go for it.
Now, the picture taking of this project, for our benifit, will require step by step photo's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
PJ )</font>
I'm not saying this means I'm quite comitted (can't ponder long though, with the snow melting like it did today), but pictures is a very good idea!

#1 is the pump. It turns out the numbers were a bit off; looks like they restamped the second pump after it was desinated as a primary pump.

Attachments

• 838364-Pump.JPG
    838364-Pump.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 213
   / You've warped me!

It would have been a fairly easy removal, but this "L" bracket made getting a wrench on either the mount bolt or primary output near impossible. Finally removed it, but the bolts under it were a bugger to get to - a 1/4 drive ratchet, a couple extentions & a U-Joint, half hour, and a little help from the wife, later they were out.

Attachments

• 838366-LBracket.JPG
    838366-LBracket.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 178
   / You've warped me!

This is the PTO solenoid, as well as all the over pressures. Also what the LBracket was supporting.

If I go with manual valves and a different pump; the L bracket will not be going back, and the block will take a different form. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 838371-Block.JPG
    838371-Block.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 187
   / You've warped me!

Finally, "under the dash." Didn't know I'd need to take off the cowling and treadle to get to the pump, but it sure makes me think that the left side is begging for a two spool valve (I know, 3 spool would be better symetry, but also more $$$, besides 2 levers sticking out is enough with one [that's the attachment lock] on the other side). /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 838372-Panel.JPG
    838372-Panel.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 231
   / You've warped me!

Had I known I'd be taking pictures I should have cleaned up a little! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But with open hoses, I really didn't want to disturb all the dirt I found under the dash, under the treadle........ /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I actually have more pictures, but seeing them on screen, I'm too embarassed to admit there's that much grime around! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif