You've warped me!

/ You've warped me!
Re: You\'ve warped me!

Plenty of room! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

However, it looks like I will pay the price when routing the hoses. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 843792-PumpAT.JPG
    843792-PumpAT.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 150
   / You've warped me!

I think it looks even better than the original! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif But again, the hosing may put me in knots.

Yes, that is store-string holding up the loose hose ends. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ You've warped me!

Take 2

Attachments

• 843796-PumpPT.JPG
    843796-PumpPT.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 151
   / You've warped me!

Finally got a chance to get the holes drilled for the valve (one of those projects I knew would take 4 hands). By the time I got the inlet and exit (couldn't find the fitting I wanted there so that was 1/2" too) hoses on, it was tight, but looks nice!

The hoses are being a pain, but I expected that; PT had it way too easy using 1/4 and 3/8. 1/2 and 3/4 doesn't cooperate nearly as well, but I just couldn't put 25GPM through 3/8" hose. Actually, I'm looking at some funky configurations for the inlet to.

Sorry, pajoube, I forgot the pictures tonight. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif But I have some more hoses to go anyway.

/ You've warped me! #35  

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
PJ

/ You've warped me!

It's alive, it's alive!!!!

Actually, only one part of the two part project: I got thinking about JJ's point about the wheel motors consuming a fair amount of power too, so between having a fits with the inlet fittings (I didn't wan't to starve it) and still mulling the power issue, I thought I better play with it some more using the tiller and power rake (on the existing pump) before I continue with the larger one.

Now the good news! The valve makes it a whole new machine! Flip the right lever ON for BH work (I think reverse on the spool works fine too, but it feels like the BH vavle only allows forward flow). Flip right lever off (no more disconnecting hoses /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif ) and use the left for the front: now I have off (nothing spins!!! soooo nice), on (variable speed), reverse (variable speed) and "free".

The only down sides: the 1/2" (and 3/4 on the return) hoses made things tight, but that particular valve did that anyway (25GPM so physically large, not to mention an unneccessary middle spool, and the long handle brackets on it) and I won't be able to put the cover on, but I'm thinking a piece of rubber will fit the contours fine and look really nice in its place.

Oh, I did put the overpressure block back (for the charge pump and the lift pump reliefs) instead of using "inline" reliefs, but am not using it for the PTO (the valve has 3050psi relief); the annoying bracket did not get to go back though! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 855422-Valve.JPG
    855422-Valve.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 114
   / You've warped me!

I've been dreaming all sorts of uses the last couple days. I have some gravel from the driveway (yes I got too agressive moving snow /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) lying too close the house for the power rake [no room to come at it sideways like it's meant to be used], but think I can pull it away using the rake in reverse really slow.

Now, who's next?! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Seriously, I think it would be a piece of cake on a (1)4XX.