YSS Series Snow Throwers?

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers? #11  
That's tied to the chute via a cable for chute rotation.

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers? #12  
I posted these on "SNOW WEAPONS" a week or so ago. The model is a YSS-60 and although bought with most of the undercarriage, I converted it to a 3 pt. mount for my previous Case-IH 1130. Put the undercarriage under my TC 33 and with some figuring, cutting, welding and luck made it work and returned it to a front mount (tired of looking backwards). Runs very smooth and I have not been able to hurt it yet but still waiting for the heavy snow, which may be arriving tomorrow here in lake effect, Indiana.

Attachments

• IMGP7308.JPG
    IMGP7308.JPG
    726.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMGP7309.JPG
    IMGP7309.JPG
    708.7 KB · Views: 206
  • IMGP7311.JPG
    IMGP7311.JPG
    837.7 KB · Views: 186
  • IMGP7312.JPG
    IMGP7312.JPG
    718.4 KB · Views: 212
   / YSS Series Snow Throwers? #13  
Nice conversion! How well do the gauge wheels work when turning? I was looking at the exact same modification for both my 48 and 60 models. Not at all impressed with the factory skids.

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers? #14  
The gauge wheels work and the fact that I'm on snow helps. Gravel drive so I have the blade set about 3/4" above the wheels. A little lift pressure on the hydraulics helps even more. They obviously do not pivot, just slide on the snow. That little lift cylinder pops right up with a 2000 psi system so I found an in-line restrictor for the lift line. Much more managable now. I assume the Yanmars of that era probably were not that high of a pressure.

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers? #15  
Gravel drive and parking lot here too. I was planning on building a caster style arrangement with DOM tubing to allow some rotation when turning although I don't turn much with the blower down.

Thanks for the prompt input.

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers? #16  
If you look close, the height is adjustable by loosening the clamping brackets. When I used it as a 3 pt. unit, the height was easily adjustable with the top link. The wheels are from Harbor Freight and cheap to replace. I have broken 1 hub in the 10+ years I have used it.

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers? #17  
Good info. I missed that detail.

/ YSS Series Snow Throwers?
Glad to see the blower preserved/restored. Sad to see it's been cut up and not on a Yanny, but at least these things are still out there and going! :thumbsup: