Yuchai dozer thread?

/ Yuchai dozer thread?
stumpfield said:
I wonder what dozer can push over mature doug fir with a 48" diameter.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Actually, a D-11H or D-12 could probably do it, but nothing with wheels or anything that NH makes could. I guess Kubotaking hadn't had his morning coffee yet. :)

/ Yuchai dozer thread? #12  
Bob Rooks said:
Nope, no issues at all. :)
I'm not confused, I know what a bulldozer is and what they can do.
I just thought you were interested in the little dozer, that's all.
And btw, I wouldn't touch one of your doug firs, I like 'em where they stand,
but a hem fir..........that's another story.

My application was to grade a new driveway (1300' or so), and grade a place for my wife to build her horse arena. That spot would be 140' square.

The reason I asked, is I will have to move a lot of dirt for the arena, and wasn't sure the Yuchai was up to the task...it's alot to ask of the little fella....I was interested in seeing the 3.5 cu yds info.

/ Yuchai dozer thread? #13  
stumpfield said:
I wonder what dozer can push over mature doug fir with a 48" diameter.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Head down to the Cat dealer...they'll show you a couple.

/ Yuchai dozer thread?
I used to work for a Cat dealer; NC Machinery in Tukwila, WA. :)
At that time the biggest wheeled grunt they had was the 988, I know that wouldn't do it. But now there is the 994. That may do the job, but it isn't what I would call "affordable" for the average homeowner.

Attachments

• 994F.gif
    994F.gif
    49.1 KB · Views: 796
   / Yuchai dozer thread? #15  
Do any of you know of a Dealer or anyone who owns one of these small dozers in the South East?

I can't find anyone in alabama that has one & they sound like they would be perfect for what I am wanting.

Most of my trees are 3 to 4 inches & are growing out of older rotten stumps.

/ Yuchai dozer thread?
   / Yuchai dozer thread? #17  
Hello, I have been a member here for awhile but this is my first post. I just purchased a Nortrac dozer off ebay made in Dec 07, Paid too much i am sure, you might say I bought a cement mixer and auger and got the dozer for free. lol Can't wait to pick up the machine and check it out to see how it looks. I have had great luck with ebay, hope it continues need parts and owners manuals to change all the fluids and filters.
I have read everything written online I think. I joined CTOA but cant get back into the site? access forbidden? It worked well enough for me to pay the 15 dollars lol. probably because I am in Manila working... everything is harder in a developing nation.. Need help, hints, comments about the dozer care and use.. I owned a case 310 before so I am aware of the limits of this size class dozer but this one seems more breakable?
I have already learned a lot from here and ctoa and look forward to picking the Elite members brains with questions? thanks

/ Yuchai dozer thread?
Hello, I have been a member here for awhile but this is my first post. I just purchased a Nortrac dozer off ebay made in Dec 07, Paid too much i am sure, you might say I bought a cement mixer and auger and got the dozer for free. lol Can't wait to pick up the machine and check it out to see how it looks. I have had great luck with ebay, hope it continues need parts and owners manuals to change all the fluids and filters.
I have read everything written online I think. I joined CTOA but cant get back into the site? access forbidden? It worked well enough for me to pay the 15 dollars lol. probably because I am in Manila working... everything is harder in a developing nation.. Need help, hints, comments about the dozer care and use.. I owned a case 310 before so I am aware of the limits of this size class dozer but this one seems more breakable?
I have already learned a lot from here and ctoa and look forward to picking the Elite members brains with questions? thanks

Welcome dssealey,

I'm not very elite, but pick away anyway.

/ Yuchai dozer thread? #19  
Thanks Bob,
I have read a lot of your post and like a lot of the mods you are doing. First order of business is find a manual. I emailed Yuchai info with the SN and requested help from them. I saw where you have a PDF file of one? Being a Helicopter pilot I am a lever man. I think this could be converted to lever clutch release with keeping the foot brakes? I probably will never do it as long as I can keep this system in adjustment. I have read a lot on the subject of brakes already. By the way i fly off an MSC AKE class ship 6 months a year for the navy so I know what the Chief Engineer does. thanks for your efforts and the way you share your knowledge of the subject matter ..

/ Yuchai dozer thread?
Thanks Bob,
I have read a lot of your post and like a lot of the mods you are doing. First order of business is find a manual. I emailed Yuchai info with the SN and requested help from them. I saw where you have a PDF file of one? Being a Helicopter pilot I am a lever man. I think this could be converted to lever clutch release with keeping the foot brakes? I probably will never do it as long as I can keep this system in adjustment. I have read a lot on the subject of brakes already. By the way i fly off an MSC AKE class ship 6 months a year for the navy so I know what the Chief Engineer does. thanks for your efforts and the way you share your knowledge of the subject matter ..

If it's an MSC ship, it's T-AKE. I worked for MSC, for awhile. I was on a T-AGM (USNS Observation Island).
Have you seen my design mods for the steering/brakes? They are here: https://www.facebook.com/yuchaidozer
I don't think you will get the lever/pedal configuration you envision due to space constraints, particularly if you get the pendulum pedals that hang from the console.
The Yuchai steering/brake arrangement can be problematic if there is any slack at all in the steering clutch release yokes, or if any oil at all gets on the brake bands or in the clutch plates.

If you PM me with your email addy, I'll send you the manuals I have: Owners, Parts, Engine Parts, and Shuttle Clutch (if you have that option). Do you know if it is plumbed and set up for a FEL like mine?

Last edited: