Yuchai steering clutch brake bands

/ Yuchai steering clutch brake bands #11  
Nice rig. Those rubber tracks come with dozer? Mine is a Farm Pro model with metal ones that for some reason are narrower than the Northern models. FP was bad about looking for bargains and close outs and shot themselves in the foot being cheap.

/ Yuchai steering clutch brake bands
Nice rig. Those rubber tracks come with dozer? Mine is a Farm Pro model with metal ones that for some reason are narrower than the Northern models. FP was bad about looking for bargains and close outs and shot themselves in the foot being cheap.
Yep. I custom ordered the dozer specifying rubber tracks and a FEL attachment. Also ordered a backhoe attachment along with it, but no longer have it. What you have are the standard width tracks, the Northern Tool models all had the LGP tracks. Rubber tracks for these are available from several domestic sources. Worth noting though, is the the rubber track swing frames have five bottom rollers, whereas the steel track models have four (each side), but it's easy to add one more.

/ Yuchai steering clutch brake bands #13  
I switched from riveted to bonded in the antique cars.

The woven lining is called Scandinavian...at least with the old cars...

When the D3 needed bands I found Peterson Tractor a CAT dealer was faster and NOT more expensive...
Bob I got my Dozer out and tried to use it after removing the Marvel Mystery Oil from the one steering clutch since it had freed up. Only pushing some small brush stuff up. I noticed after a while I was getting slippage or no power. I can't say it is not the main clutch but the sound and feel makes me wonder if both the steering clutches might be slipping at once. The one I soaked might have reason to but not sure about the other. I don't look forward to putting the main clutch in it. Any thoughts?

Did you remove the drain plugs from both steering clutch compartments? Also the drain from the main clutch (flywheel housing)?

/ Yuchai steering clutch brake bands #15  
Did you remove the drain plugs from both steering clutch compartments? Also the drain from the main clutch (flywheel housing)?
Did not. Should not be anything in the right one but who knows.... Thanks. The slippage is a rough one like gears almost mating not a quiet slip of a clutch.

Did not. Should not be anything in the right one but who knows.... Thanks. The slippage is a rough one like gears almost mating not a quiet slip of a clutch.
Could be a leaking seal in the right compartment, letting final drive or transmission oils in, just a thought. The "rough slippage" sound sounds like main clutch chatter - possibly the disc is down to the rivets. Have you tried adjusting the main clutch?

/ Yuchai steering clutch brake bands #17  
Have not. I want to tear it down for both side inspection of the steering clutches and new brake bands this winter Don't know if I can get a look at the disk or not. The Jinma 30 tractor (same drive line as mine) is pretty easy on clutch till it needs one and then it needs one. (The 25's not so much...they are smaller and tend to slip all the time so much I put ceramic discs in lots of those...tried on one 30 but didn't work out because of way it was lined)
It may be a couple of months but I will get back to you, probably for more expertise. thanks.