YUPie pick up

/ YUPie pick up #1  

truckdiagnostics

Platinum Member
Tractor
7753 bobcat
Built this just recently. Got tired of everybody leaving me there useless SUV and borrowing my pickup truck, bring it back and complaining about how my truck was a piece of junk.
Dimensionally it is the same as a pickup truck bed. Has hydraulic surge brakes and the axle is rated for 3,500 lbs. It may over load the SUV, but it will be able to stop. Its indestructible all rectangular tube, wiring and brake lines all in the tube. Fender is 10 gauge and all the lights are boxed in.
It is a drop axle so the when you open the side windows, and between those and the back window you can just about reach the entire bed without having to crawl in. There is a small catch to the whole deal. A standard width truck bed does not match up to a standard width axle no matter what you do. So, we had to grind the cast axle shaft loose from the tube, shorten the tube and weld it back on.
Trailers real well and is versatile, may get rid of the truck and just use it behind the suburban.

Steve

Attachments

• IMAG0068.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 470
   / YUPie pick up #2  
Really great idea !! I bet you find lots of uses for it. Ken Sweet

/ YUPie pick up #3  
I have always wanted to do one similar to that.. I just haven't yet...

/ YUPie pick up #4  
Nice job, Steve!

Terry

/ YUPie pick up #5  
Not really the same, except in concept... we use our 12' box trailer behind the wife's excursion frequently. Weather tight space to haul whatever, and room for the kids in the Excursion....

The removable topper makes yours very versatile. Nice work.