Z100 Series Opinions

/ Z100 Series Opinions #1  

timswi

Tractor
Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris RZR 900 Trail
Thinking about the S model 100 series...Getting opinions on going to the 700 series by the dealer..Is the $2000-$2500 difference really worth it?

Was also looking at the Cub Commercial versions but there isn't a ROPS although the 4wheel steering is compelling. Had a lousy experience with Cub on a 50 hr machine that blew up, so I'm a little jaded with them.

Any opinions on this?

/ Z100 Series Opinions #2  
I bought one of the small Kubota Zs a month ago and then bought a bigger ZD326rp 60" rear discharge deck last week. I'm impressed with both of them for the price. Your terrain and what your mowing is the major factor. Both will mow a rolling to flat property. One weighs 1650 lbs and the other one is considerably less. Being a Kubota RTV owner you know the difference between the RTV400, RTV500, RTV900 and the RTV1100. I've only owned the RTV1140 but I can imagine the difference between the RTV400 and the RTV1100 and sure it's about the same as between the Kubota Zs. The Z700 series is the in between but how much/what you going to mow is the question. You know Kubotas are well made and fairly dependable. My wife does love the small Z......but she hasn't gotten on the bigger one yet. :D

/ Z100 Series Opinions
Thanks for the opinions John. After talking to the dealer, they said it's a good machine with no issues so far. They did reinforce that it is a residential machine meaning it's designed to compete with mass market machines for low, easy acreage. It has no grease points for instance. The 700 is pointed more towards the commercial types with grease points and built heavier all the way around. I don't want a B&S motor under any circumstances, the Koehler would be OK but some of the 700's have Kaw's and that would be ideal...

Still, a ton of $ for a grass cutter...Just tired of using by BX23 for grass cutting. Want it to last a long time and if I keep taking it apart every week and running it for 2 hrs to get the yard cut, I'm going to burn it out. The 700 is 1/3 the cost of a new BX TLB so got some thinking to do.

/ Z100 Series Opinions #4  
My brother tried a Z700 series last fall, I think, because he got a mass mailing coupon for $1000 off the 700 series. The dealer was advertising the same $1000 off so coupon wasn't needed to buy.
Kubota seems to be going after the Z market and as the season goes on and maybe even in the fall I suspect Kubota will be doing more Z promotions which you may want to watch for thru your local Kubota dealer or ask them to call you when they get one being offered. Kubota does special "quiet" promotions that only the dealers know about.
You know Kubota Company picks a market (smaller tractors then RTVs and I think now bigger tractors and Z mowers) and attacks till they get their share. I think they are now also attacking the bigger tractors market and we'll see how that goes.
My small Z has the Kaw engine which I preferred even though they all have the same 400 hours (or time) warranty.

/ Z100 Series Opinions
From looking into the 700's mower deck, it doesn't have grease fittings either...Going up to look in person. Wondering if the price difference is really worth it given the warranty.

/ Z100 Series Opinions #6  
I'm using my ZG124 for the third season now and love it. Sometimes I wish the rear tires had a little more grip, but that's about my only complaint with it. A mulching blade for it would also be nice. I'm at around 50 hours total, and have nothing but a positive experience.

/ Z100 Series Opinions
I'm using my ZG124 for the third season now and love it. Sometimes I wish the rear tires had a little more grip, but that's about my only complaint with it. A mulching blade for it would also be nice. I'm at around 50 hours total, and have nothing but a positive experience.

Thanks for the review...Bought a 700 series with a 54" deck...Can't believe I did it...Now waiting for it to arrive.

/ Z100 Series Opinions #8  
I have been using my Z122 42in for a few months now. Love the build quality and I have been a fan/owner of Kawasaki engines for 25 years. It isn't a commercial mower but it is definitely solid enough for my small property with lots of tight spaces and maneuvering requirements. I added the mulching kit and it works great. Plenty of power. I mowed 2+ foot tall grass and it chewed it up. Good luck with your Z7 series. I have no doubt that you will never regret it.

/ Z100 Series Opinions
I have been using my Z122 42in for a few months now. Love the build quality and I have been a fan/owner of Kawasaki engines for 25 years. It isn't a commercial mower but it is definitely solid enough for my small property with lots of tight spaces and maneuvering requirements. I added the mulching kit and it works great. Plenty of power. I mowed 2+ foot tall grass and it chewed it up. Good luck with your Z7 series. I have no doubt that you will never regret it.

Thanks for that review dragon...I hope your right, this was waaaaaay more than I wanted to pay for a grass cutter...If I love it, I'll forget what it cost--kinda like by BX. I was literally sick to my stomach when I bought that...I got over it once I used it a few times.:D

/ Z100 Series Opinions #10  
Thanks for that review dragon...I hope your right, this was waaaaaay more than I wanted to pay for a grass cutter...If I love it, I'll forget what it cost--kinda like by BX. I was literally sick to my stomach when I bought that...I got over it once I used it a few times.:D
I know exactly how you feel. Bought the BX. Never thought I would be a proud owner. Then I bought the Z122. Again... what the heck am I doing?