Z960m 72

/ Z960m 72 #1  

powerstroke444e

Veteran Member
Tractor
mostly orange
Looking at new zero turns and this seems to be one that the dealer recommends. It's for a commercial site with several different volunteers running it at different times currently we have a z950m 60 that is at 1400hrs in 5 years and just getting towards end of service. Just didn't know if anyone was running one and had any feedback?

We also are looking at a Toro 4000 series 72 inch. Wanting to stay with gas powered commercial machine but 72 inch.

Any thoughts on other machines ?

For my personal machine I have zd331 kubota and love it but for this historical site we need a gas machine and price is a big concern as diesel increased price about 5k or 50% more.

/ Z960m 72 #2  
Your decision, but for those hours-per-year am thinking you are being short sighted not going diesel.
"volunteers" would be a red flag, but you have to go with what you have. Fewer would be better, and one volunteer assigned to care for it better yet.

/ Z960m 72 #3  
Your decision, but for those hours-per-year am thinking you are being short sighted not going diesel.
"volunteers" would be a red flag, but you have to go with what you have. Fewer would be better, and one volunteer assigned to care for it better yet.
Might want to look at a Deere 997, which is a diesel

/ Z960m 72 #4  
I completed my second mowing season this last fall on my Z994R, and it is a beast. I do not like the 997 for a number of reasons, but I wouldn't trade the 994 for anything on the market.

I had a Z930A for 10 years, and it was a great mower, but the diesel mower cut my fuel costs by half, and the Yanmar engines are as close to bullet-proof as anything that I am aware of. My JD 3032E has the Yanmar, and both machines are extremely economical.

My 994 has the 60" MOD deck, but it would easily handle a 72" deck.