ZD321 w/54" deck

/ ZD321 w/54" deck #1  

KJINTF

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford
Looking at picking up a new 2010 lawn mower and decided on the ZD321 w/54inch deck plus a few additional options. Checked with several local dealers no one had the machine in stock. After several weeks I hear Kubota no longer makes the 21hp machine.
Is this indeed true?
Has it been replaced with the ZD323?
My flat 3 acres of lawn does not really need the extra Hp

Ken

/ ZD321 w/54" deck #2  
Ken,
I stopped and looked at Kubota zero turn mowers yesterday. The dealership in the Charlotte area had both the ZD321 and ZD323. The differences between the models is the engine (21 vs. 23 HP) and the deck size (54" vs. 60"). I have the new brochure in front of me and it lists both the ZD321 and ZD323.

The sales guy did mention that the ZD321 we were looking at was already sold and waiting on pick-up. It seems that the 0% financing plan sold a lot of Kubota Z-series mowers for them.

It is possible that the ZD321 will not be offered next year, but he did not mention that to me. I can see where Kubota would offer only the ZD221 (48" and 54") model for those people who want the smaller deck size. The ZD200 series is a smaller frame diesel, but it is still pretty tough looking. I was actually considering the ZD221 (54") for myself. I have about 5 acres of grass to cut.

/ ZD321 w/54" deck
Thanks for the update

I had heard there were 21hp machines out there but have never seen one
The 60" deck is just a bit too big to get around the dozen or so trees on my almost completely flat 3 acre lawn. I was simply trying to save a few bucks.
So I figured the 21hp w/54" deck would be best
Guess I will go back and order the 23Hp with the 54" deck
After all it is only money and you can not take it with you might as well enjoy now.

Appreciate the response
Ken

/ ZD321 w/54" deck #4  
i use a zd331 with a 72" deck on 3 acres -- i love it --

-- picked it up for $12,500 at 0% financing --

-- it's a perfect size -- can mow it in an hour.

/ ZD321 w/54" deck #5  
I bought a zd321 with a 54 deck back in june hear in beaumont tx,
the salesmen did say that this would be the last year for the 21 hp
with a kubota engine , i believe the 323 is a kauisaki eng