Zerk fittings not taking grease

/ Zerk fittings not taking grease #11  
To Kongmen
Some years ago I had a tech instructor who for a summer job ran the lube truck for a construction company. It was very common to have fittings not taking grease so they made there own secret blend of solvents to help the greasing process. They cut the grease with a thinner oil tranmission or hydraulic. Once the passage starts to take grease then you can revert back to your EP grease 1 or 2. On some gease guns the end fitting can be unscrewed and this is where you can rig up a reducer to thread the hose straight into the body of machine. Take an almost empty grease cartidge and dilute the grease with your own secret blend varsol ,transmission , hydraulic and lean on the lever type grease gun. Pump up the pressure and wait, once it takes the blend chase it with regular grease. Most grease is 80 % oil and the rest lithium soap base but not every grease is the same base and they do not get along with each other.
Craig Clayton

/ Zerk fittings not taking grease #12  
Just this past weekend, I used rejuvanator with WD40 to get one open with good results. I had a straight shot at it though.

/ Zerk fittings not taking grease #13  
I've got one of those rejuvinators. It works better than a nail, but far from 100%.