Zerks that won't grease

/ Zerks that won't grease
Well, I spent much of the morning: pounding out pins, cleaning them up, Heating/digging at the zerks to get them flowing again, manually greasing the pins with grease, shifting and wiggling loader bits to get the pins back in, then re-packing with grease. While none of the pins were in terrible shape, they were all dry and rusty and I'm glad I got in there to get at them. Needless to say this tractor has been neglected over the years and various owners.

Result is most zerks are now taking grease. There are two pins that I cannot pound inwards due to the hydraulic line being in the way, and cannot pound outward with the loader on the tractor. There are also two fittings that don't seem to go to a large pin. These are down on the quick-change portion, and I need to investigate further to see what I can do about those.

I'll be attacking these last 4 points this afternoon, as well as trying to cycle everything to it's full-extent to get the new grease moved around, and then pump more in. I wish I could pump in grease with the loader at different angles, but most zerks are only accessible when the loader is near the ground. So alternating between cycling and greasing is what I'll do.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

/ Zerks that won't grease #22  
Was there any pitting or just dry and rusty pins?

/ Zerks that won't grease
There was some light pitting on a few of the pins. After brushing them up, most of them were surprisingly clear of that.

/ Zerks that won't grease #24  
There was some light pitting on a few of the pins. After brushing them up, most of them were surprisingly clear of that.

That is great to hear. You are a lucky guy.