Zetor 3320 brakes seized

/ Zetor 3320 brakes seized #1  

geoweaser

Tractor
Zetor 3320
After using my 3320 for a few small tasks today, during which braking was normal, I attached a bush hog, which uses a single hydraulic to change the deck height. Sometime at or after attaching the bush hog, the brakes becamse seized. After mowing for a while, I realized the tractor would not roll in neutral and then I noticed the smoke coming from both sides of the tractor at about where the bleeder screws are. I was using a low gear, and never needed the brakes while mowing, and hadn't realized the extra effort the tractor exerted during that time. Also, the brake pedals don't push in at all.

I would be grateful for help diagnosing the problem.

/ Zetor 3320 brakes seized #2  
No knowledge myself, but the video below pops up in a Google search….don’t know if it will help you

/ Zetor 3320 brakes seized #3  
Did you ever resolve your brake issue? Sounds to me like either the parking brake was set or maybe something like a branch got caught in the brake linkage underneath the tractor forcing the brakes to be applied. The brakes dragging would definitely cause them to overheat.

/ Zetor 3320 brakes seized
Thanks for the ideas. After the tractor cooled off overnight, the brakes released and it worked just fine!

I just parked it moments ago after the same thing happening again: the brakes seized again sometime during a couple of hours of bush hogging (I suspect it was toward the end of the time). The parking brake works only one side, while this problem happened with both sides: both brakes are seized and both pedals can't be pushed in. And I don't see anything beneath the tractor that snagged and component of the brakes system.

Another bit of info that could be relevant is that the brake fluid reservoir was empty after months of the tractor being parked.