Zetor 4341

/ Zetor 4341
Somehow I missed this thread. I have a 4341 and love it (open station). had 312hrs when i got and about 450 now. Not sure on the 4-5 gear take off, as I rarely use those gears and have always shifted on the fly after starting in 2-3. On the road 5th is still slow, but i dont run the road much. On the brakes, they are really my only complaint. When talking to a few people round me that have a Zetor before getting mine, brakes were their only complaints as well. They work very well but the parking brake sticks almost every time you set it hard, and I wouldn't be surprised if they drag a little as well, probably needs some adjustment just haven't checked it out real good. I agree that it is a very heavy tractor, but you will learn to appreciate that when doing ground engaging tasks. I have done a lot of digging with my FEL and used it a a "dozer" often. The thing really digs and pushes. I run an 8' brush hog and wish I had gone up to a 10'. Also use an 8' disk mower no problem. Lots of power. Good luck, I'm sure you will like it.

before I addressed the brake drag I couldnt even shift on the fly now I can engage 5th no problem... I guess Ill avoid setting the E-brake as much as possible to elminate as much brake drag as I can. Im glad u posted Ive been wondering what size brush hog to get I was leaning 8' but now I may look for 10'....although I did find a 8' hog locally for 1250.00 I thought that was a pretty good deal. I can t wait to get a few hours of seat time later this week. thanks for replying.

/ Zetor 4341 #12  
before I addressed the brake drag I couldnt even shift on the fly now I can engage 5th no problem... I guess Ill avoid setting the E-brake as much as possible to elminate as much brake drag as I can. Im glad u posted Ive been wondering what size brush hog to get I was leaning 8' but now I may look for 10'....although I did find a 8' hog locally for 1250.00 I thought that was a pretty good deal. I can t wait to get a few hours of seat time later this week. thanks for replying.

I definitely wouldn't go smaller than 8', and that sounds like a good deal if its in good shape regardless of brand. I searched high and low for a used one, but had no luck. I stumbled upon the Kodiak brand and was impressed at what I got for the money. When I bought mine, the 8' was 2600 and 10' was 3600. I had never used a cutter of this size and didn't know what to expect, so I did the safest thing and chose the 8'. I was worried about the weight on the 3 pt and didn't want a pull behind due to cutting backwards up some pretty steep ground. The tractor doesn't even know its back there. I'm looking for pallet forks and an 8' box blade now. I mostly use the tractor to brush hog and cut a little hay, and so far have been very pleased with how much tractor I got for the money.

/ Zetor 4341 #13  
I've had my Zetor 4341 cab with loader since new 2004 & something over 300 hrs now. Extra iron weights on the rear wheels.

Only non scheduled maintenance thing I've done is replace the clutch slave cylinder - it's inside frame rail takes about 1-2 hrs. Did not notice oily spot under tractor one fall until I went to start it & no clutch. Had an accident with blowing out the rear window with softball sized rock - parts were ordered from an online dealer down south & FEDEX to the barnyard. The glass came in a wood crate & was undamaged.

Most of my implements are sized for a JD A 40 hp & the Zetor will tear them up if not careful.

I bought a large 4x18 on land plow and the Zetor even busted that.. I pulled up a 5' dia boulder and the plow rolled up on top of it. Imagine a 20' long machine weighing 3000 lbs sitting on top of the boulder... I rolled it back down the hole & went after it with my backhoe which was too small. Then dozed it out with my JD350 dozer (10K) machine.

The loader breakout is 5K lbs & it spoils you. I added front hydraulics for a grapple.

/ Zetor 4341
sounds like these tractors are tough as nails...do either one of you guys have your tractor set up with a 3pt quick hitch... I must say my shibaura is setup with a QH and it sure makes things a little easier, however I know it may not be necessary with larger implements(pull type) I will eventually be purchasing but right now I think it might work out pretty good since my current implements are already QH modified... any thoughts on this? TnWV I think I m going to look for a pull type 10' hog... thanks.

/ Zetor 4341 #15  
sounds like these tractors are tough as nails...do either one of you guys have your tractor set up with a 3pt quick hitch... I must say my shibaura is setup with a QH and it sure makes things a little easier, however I know it may not be necessary with larger implements(pull type) I will eventually be purchasing but right now I think it might work out pretty good since my current implements are already QH modified... any thoughts on this? TnWV I think I m going to look for a pull type 10' hog... thanks.

I have thought about a quick hitch, but I just don't change between implements enough to justify it right now, so i cant be of any help there. I will be interested in what you come up with for future reference though. I think the 10' pull behind will be a perfect fit. While I didn't like the idea of backing it up hill, I do wish I would had gotten it anyway. Fortunately, most if my open areas are cut for hay, and I usually only brush hog the areas that are too steep and rough for haying. I can run pretty fast with the 8' and It sure beats the 5' I was use too! You can do a search for posts I started and see pictures to give you an idea of what the 8' looks like on the 4341. Post some pictures when you get it!

/ Zetor 4341
Ill check out your pics... Im probably going to make an adjustable QH, my wife's grandpa made his QH adjustable from cat1-cat2 I think that would work good for me... thanks

/ Zetor 4341 #17  
Our 1992 Zetor cat 2 arms had locking flexible ends that I just pulled out before backing up to equipment and after making the connection I just backed upped to relock them in place.

/ Zetor 4341 #18  
Our 1992 Zetor cat 2 arms had locking flexible ends that I just pulled out before backing up to equipment and after making the connection I just backed upped to relock them in place.

My 4341 has the same set up, I just haven't used it. I need to try it out!

/ Zetor 4341
So does mine ... I still think the QH would serve me better with all my current implements. Grandpa's QH went from 27"-33" wide to have the versatility of using many different implements.

/ Zetor 4341 #20  
My parents used to sell Zetors in the early to mid 90's. I don't think we ever had an un happy customer. My grandfather even used a few on his farm, along with a few Massey's and JD's. I loved the old 5211 and 7211 we had, pretty much what I learned to drive/operate on when I was growing up. Can't remember any common problems with Zetors in general, I'll ask my folks if they can remember any when I see them tomorrow.

Oh, and if I remember right, I believe Zetor was made in the Czech Republic.